Author Topic: Fact-Checking Biden's Address: Lies, Damned Lies, and the White House Teleprompter  (Read 93 times)

rangerrebew

Fact-Checking Biden's Address: Lies, Damned Lies, and the White House Teleprompter
By Stephen Green Aug 20, 2021 3:51 PM ET

Doing what the media won’t: Fact-checking Biden’s address on Afghanistan

I’m relying on the White House release of Presidentish Joe Biden’s remarks.

Shall we get right to it?

CLAIM: “My national security team and I have been closely monitoring the situation on the ground in Afghanistan and moving quickly to execute the plans we had put in place to respond to every constituency, including — and contingency — including the rapid collapse we’re seeing now.”

REALITY: Biden Scrapped Trump’s Afghanistan Rescue Plan. “Raheem Kassam revealed on Wednesday that under President Donald Trump, Mike Pompeo’s State Department had ordered the creation of a ‘Contingency and Crisis Response’ office whose job would be avoiding ‘a future Benghazi-style situation for Americans overseas.’ But while Biden lied to ABC’s George Stephanopoulos on Wednesday that ‘We planned for every contingency,’ behind the scenes, Biden’s State Department had already ‘revoked the funding and the approval’ for Trump’s response team, according to Kassam.”

I’d also add that had Biden planned for every contingency, things would look several hells of a lot different in Kabul right now.

CLAIM: “Today, the terrorist threat has metastasized well beyond Afghanistan: al Shabaab in Somalia, al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, al-Nusra in Syria, ISIS attempting to create a caliphate in Syria and Iraq and establishing affiliates in multiple countries in Africa and Asia. These threats warrant our attention and our resources.”

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2021/08/20/fact-checking-bidens-address-lies-damned-lies-and-the-white-house-teleprompter-n1471356