Author Topic: New SECNAV lays out his priorities for the Navy and Marine Corps  (Read 92 times)

rangerrebew

New SECNAV lays out his priorities for the Navy and Marine Corps
By Geoff Ziezulewicz
 Wednesday, Aug 18

The 78th secretary of the Navy, Carlos Del Toro, who as sworn in Aug. 9, released a message to the fleet laying out the “four Cs” that the former officer sees as vital challenges to the department: China, culture, climate and COVID.

In the Aug. 10 message, Del Toro echoed other military leaders in warning of China’s ascendance and its goal of challenging U.S. military superiority.

“We will not let this happen,” he wrote. “We will deter China’s aggression, protect our national security and preserve the peace.”

When it comes to culture, Del Toro wrote that “every Sailor and Marine of all races, genders, religions and ethnicities must treat one another with dignity and respect,” and that such behavior ensures combat readiness.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2021/08/18/new-secnav-lays-out-his-priorities-for-the-navy-and-marine-corps/

rangerrebew

Re: New SECNAV lays out his priorities for the Navy and Marine Corps
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 04:08:36 pm »
I think he secretly plans to close the Naval Academy and replace it with a Critical Race Theory Academy. :bullie pirate:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2021, 07:02:18 pm »
I think he secretly plans to close the Naval Academy and replace it with a Critical Race Theory Academy. :bullie pirate:

@rangerrebew

And the difference will be........?

Have you EVER met a more uptight officer than a Naval officer?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2021, 07:17:27 pm »
Golly, how have our military members gotten along all these decades without this pap shoved down their throats? I can hear him and others like him, Milley, threatening our forces with severe disciplinary action if they don't treat our enemies with respect, understanding and oh yeah brotherly love.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 07:46:06 pm »
Climate change and vaccinations are is highest priority.

What could go wrong?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington