Author Topic: Hurricane Grace- Post Mortem NHC prognostication critique  (Read 615 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Hurricane Grace- Post Mortem NHC prognostication critique
« on: August 21, 2021, 10:44:30 am »
This was the advisory last night at 1 am my time for Hurricane Grace.....
ZCZC MIATCPAT2 ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM

BULLETIN
Hurricane Grace Intermediate Advisory Number 31A
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL       AL072021
100 AM CDT Sat Aug 21 2021

...GRACE STRENGTHENS A LITTLE MORE AS IT MAKES LANDFALL SOUTH OF
TUXPAN MEXICO...

SUMMARY OF 100 AM CDT...0600 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...20.6N 97.2W
ABOUT 30 MI...50 KM SSE OF TUXPAN MEXICO
ABOUT 115 MI...185 KM NNW OF VERACRUZ MEXICO
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...125 MPH...205 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...W OR 265 DEGREES AT 10 MPH...17 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...962 MB...28.41 INCHES

=========================================================

Only reason I am adding this brief thread is to show the falacy of thinking our NHC is infallable in storm prediction.  This time yesterday, Grace was expected to make landfall near Tuxpan as a minimal hurricane 75-85 mph.  Instead earlier this morning this same said storm slammed the Mexican coast almost a category 4 storm.

Not sure how this storm's wind field and surge was configured versus Vera Cruz, but this city of about a half million may have had an unexpected unpredicted castastrophe.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 10:56:32 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Hurricane Grace- Post Mortem NHC prognostication critique
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 11:14:45 pm »
Just saw on a WSJ Tweet that 8 are already reported dead.   If I were to guess, I'd bet it was in the Vera Cruz area.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.