Author Topic: Cobra Blood Is Off the Training Menu for US Troops, PETA Says  (Read 159 times)

rangerrebew

Cobra Blood Is Off the Training Menu for US Troops, PETA Says

18 Aug 2021
Stars and Stripes | By Matthew M. Burke

The animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals declared victory this week after the practice of drinking the blood of cobras was axed from the multinational Cobra Gold military exercise in Thailand.

Killing the snakes to demonstrate a jungle survival technique was scuttled at the exercise earlier this month, PETA announced Monday, citing unnamed Thai military sources. The nonprofit, based in Norfolk, Va., spent years lobbying against a practice it called "frat boy-style barbarity."

Images of beheaded snakes, their blood dripping onto the tongues of eager young Marines, were publicized by the Defense Department itself.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/08/18/cobra-blood-off-training-menu-us-troops-peta-says.html

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Cobra Blood Is Off the Training Menu for US Troops, PETA Says
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 12:16:09 pm »
If things ever get to Soylent Green status, I hope the PETA ass wipes are the first to be processed.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2021, 07:03:41 pm »
If things ever get to Soylent Green status, I hope the PETA ass wipes are the first to be processed.
If they ever were, I would think of this quote.

Michael J. "Crocodile" Dundee : ... Well, you can live on it, but it taste like shit.

You just can't live your life as an a$$hole without sharing it's attributes.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2021, 07:09:38 pm »
This made me wonder, does Texas still have its rattlesnake roundup and don't they slaughter and BBQ the snakes that are caught? People Eating Tasty Animals must really piss peta off. happy77

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 03:10:18 am »
I saw a similar ritual at Snake Alley in Taipei in the late 90's. The belief was that the angrier the cobra, the greater the virility to be gained by drinking the blood. They would piss off the cobra, string it up, split it open lengthwise,  then collect the blood in shot glasses while the old men waited to drink.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2021, 03:14:23 am »
I saw a similar ritual at Snake Alley in Taipei in the late 90's. The belief was that the angrier the cobra, the greater the virility to be gained by drinking the blood. They would piss off the cobra, string it up, split it open lengthwise,  then collect the blood in shot glasses while the old men waited to drink.

:3:   888mouth

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2021, 12:15:42 pm »
I had sea snake in Manila.  The first time I had a pretty good glow on so it tasted pretty good.  To show how tough I was, I went back a few days later.  This time I didn't have the glow and had to struggle to keep it down; it didn't taste so good. :3: :silly:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2021, 01:01:22 pm »
I had sea snake in Manila.  The first time I had a pretty good glow on so it tasted pretty good.  To show how tough I was, I went back a few days later.  This time I didn't have the glow and had to struggle to keep it down; it didn't taste so good. :3: :silly:

In our parts, the same with Gator.  Edible, but a novelty for tourist at best.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.