Author Topic: Live Thread 3: The Fall of Afghanistan  (Read 8142 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Live Thread 3: The Fall of Afghanistan
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2021, 05:36:39 pm »
Ok, I see what you meant.  What I read in your post was that Pelosi was the next in line for VP, when I know that is incorrect.  You meant next in line for President if there is no VP

888high58888
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 05:38:12 pm by Mod2 »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Live Thread 3: The Fall of Afghanistan
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2021, 05:37:46 pm »
posting the correct title
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mod2

« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2021, 05:38:37 pm »
posting the correct title
Yeah, sorry, I messed up!

Offline Hoodat

Live Thread 3: The Fall of Afghanistan
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2021, 05:42:46 pm »
@Cyber Liberty - I am responding on thread 2 to this post by you:

I believe you are incorrect as Pelosi does not fill the VP spot if there is a President and no VP can be confirmed.

There is no requirement that Pelosi become VP if that office remains vacant and there is a sitting President.

BTW, locking threads made this kinda difficult to respond back to you

If Biden dies/retires/is removed by Senate after impeachment, then Harris is automatically sworn in as President.

There will be no Vice President until Harris names a replacement, and that person is approved by a majority in the Senate and House.  (The Dems do not hold a majority in the Senate.)

If a President Harris dies/retires/is removed by Senate after impeachment, and there is a new Vice President in place (i.e. approved by both Houses of Congress) then that VP is automatically sworn in as President.

If a President Harris dies/retires/is removed by Senate after impeachment, and there is no Vice President in place then the next person in succession - the Speaker of the House - is automatically sworn in as President.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 05:44:48 pm by Mod2 »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2021, 05:59:51 pm »
I'm waiting for our GOP Congressmen to get off their butts and invoke the 25th Amendment.  Something should have been done before this fiasco in Kabul even began!!  Once again the party of do nothing sits around playing tiddlywinks.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2021, 06:09:43 pm »
Adam Housley
@adamhousley
·
1h
8 GOP congressmen just sent this letter to DHS asking what DHS is going to do about the fact that 5,000 prisoners, including Taliban/Al Qaeda, were released from Bagram and could enter through the US/Mexican border.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sorry, that lock was necessary for housekeeping.

You still miss my point. Pelosi does not have to be the VP to succeed to the office of President, because if the VP seat is vacant she's already next in the line of succession.  This is the way it was before the 25th Amendment that allows a President to nominate a replacement VP.  Gerald Ford was the first VP to have been not elected, and Rockefeller was the second.

LBJ had no VP between November '63 and January '65 because the 25th had not yet been Ratified.

The Democrat-Marxists have a decision to make before the 2022 midterms  ---- it's either Biden/Harris through 2024 or Harris and her confirmed replacement through 2024. 

Thanks to two looming monkey wrenches for the Democrat-Marxists:  A GOP Speaker and a GOP Senate ----- the window for changing the Executive "leadership" is closing.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2021, 06:14:41 pm »
Weijia Jiang
@weijia
 · 3h
From @CBSNews colleague @AhMukhtar: A former Afghan interpreter who tried to get into the airport today – for the fifth time- said Taliban outside the airport told people that ISIS is planning an attack.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Bigun replying to https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,445986.msg2480353.html#msg2480353

The only line of succession for President within the Constitution following the VP becoming President is this

In Case of the Removal of the President from Office, or of his Death, Resignation, or Inability to discharge the Powers and Duties of the said Office, the Same shall devolve on the Vice President, and the Congress may by law provide for the Case of Removal, Death, Resignation or Inability, both of the President and Vice President, declaring what Officer shall then act as President, and such Officer shall act accordingly, until the Disability be removed, or a President shall be elected.

This to me indicates that the current Congress is the deciding entity that provides for the removal of a President/VP as well as what Officer shall act as President.

To me, this means the current Congress is not bound by a past Congress or a law in selecting the acting President, as a law by Congress can not supersede the Constitution, the latter being always the deciding factor.

What am I missing?

You are missing the fact that the congress has done exactly that several times. Most recently, in 1947.

http://fd.valenciacollege.edu/file/ftua/Presidential%20Succession%20Act.pdf

Since the act is NOT an amendment to the constitution, the congress is free to repeal or amend this act at any time but until that happens, The Succession Act of 1947 remains the law of the land and the order of succession is fixed.

@IsailedawayfromFR
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Richard Grenell
@RichardGrenell
·
1h
John Kirby dismisses attacks on Americans because it isn’t widespread.

“Some physical violence has occurred” towards Americans trying to get to the Kabul Airport.

But he says it isn’t a lot.

IOW...it was "mostly peaceful".   /S   *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2021, 06:25:27 pm »
"Some people did some things."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2021, 06:26:12 pm »
Taliban soldiers MOCK iconic World War II image of American Marines raising flag on Iwo Jima as soldiers don US military gear in propaganda footage

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9914793/Taliban-soldiers-MOCK-iconic-World-War-II-image-American-Marines-raising-flag-Iwo-Jima.html

« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2021, 06:29:00 pm »
 pointing-up    We need to turn around and bomb that shithole into glass ----- all of it.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2021, 06:42:29 pm »
Weijia Jiang
@weijia
 · 3h
From @CBSNews colleague @AhMukhtar: A former Afghan interpreter who tried to get into the airport today – for the fifth time- said Taliban outside the airport told people that ISIS is planning an attack.

Hopefully by the end of next week, the State Department will issue a statement on this.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2021, 06:57:31 pm »
Hopefully by the end of next week, the State Department will issue a statement on this.

Hopefully...I don't place a who lot of hope right now.  Is anyone truly watching our backs?? I wouldn't doubt ISIS is already across the border, has been across the border and is well positioned to strike in every major city. I hope that I am wrong.  With the caravans that come across during the Trump administration and those coming over now, I have little doubt that they're  already here.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2021, 07:04:28 pm »

I am 100% sure there will be statements issued by the State Department.  All of them will conflict with the rest, resulting in more of the crap we've been seeing the past 6 days.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2021, 07:08:22 pm »
I am 100% sure there will be statements issued by the State Department.  All of them will conflict with the rest, resulting in more of the crap we've been seeing the past 6 days.

No worries, Joe will come forward and issue one of his reassuring statements. :whistle:

BassWrangler

« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2021, 07:12:29 pm »
Hopefully...I don't place a who lot of hope right now.  Is anyone truly watching our backs?? I wouldn't doubt ISIS is already across the border, has been across the border and is well positioned to strike in every major city. I hope that I am wrong.  With the caravans that come across during the Trump administration and those coming over now, I have little doubt that they're  already here.

I don't think Islamic terrorists are going to mess with us in the near term. We're doing a gold job destroying ourselves, and with US out of the middle east, they can focus on consolidating gains there.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2021, 07:14:21 pm »
No worries, Joe will come forward and issue one of his reassuring statements. :whistle:

...in direct contradiction of everybody else in the Regime.  :whistle:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2021, 07:46:12 pm »
Hopefully...I don't place a who lot of hope right now.  Is anyone truly watching our backs?? I wouldn't doubt ISIS is already across the border, has been across the border and is well positioned to strike in every major city. I hope that I am wrong. 

FOREIGN fighters are flocking to Afghanistan to launch a new terror war on the West as the Taliban tears through the country.

This was eight days ago.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2021, 07:47:54 pm »

Exactly.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2021, 07:53:15 pm »
ISIS Terror Attacks Now Reported to Be Threat to Americans Stranded in Afghanistan, According to New Intel Reports
https://trendingpolitics.com/isis-terror-attacks-now-reported-to-be-threat-to-americans-stranded-in-afghanistan-according-to-new-intel-reports-knab/
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO