Author Topic: Live Thread 3: The Fall of Afghanistan  (Read 8137 times)

Online Hoodat

In my lifetime, this is without question the most lamentable exhibition of weakness and incompetence by US 'leadership'[sic] that I have ever witnessed.  And each time a government official goes before the press, that display is only compounded.

Just watched the Pentagon presser.  A reporter asked the Pentagon press secretary if this sudden change in State Department policy was based on something that happened yesterday.  He answered that they were responding to something that happened in the last seven days.

Everything that Biden said yesterday was a lie.  Everything.  And now the official US government message to any US citizens outside the Kabul airport is
  • Don't try to come to the airport.
  • We are not going to send anyone to come get you.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I don't think this is true..Fox reporting Biden staying in DC

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1429085020241661958
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Richard Grenell
@RichardGrenell
·
1h
John Kirby dismisses attacks on Americans because it isn’t widespread.

“Some physical violence has occurred” towards Americans trying to get to the Kabul Airport.

But he says it isn’t a lot.
Support the USO

Online Hoodat

Trish Regan
@trish_regan
·
30s
Biden is ill-equipped to be President.

And world now knows it.

They knew it back in 2020.  But Trump does mean tweets.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ground Report: Kabul Airport Gates Are Closed, Taliban Confiscating U.S. Passports

Wendell Husebø 21 Aug 2021

The Kabul airport gates are reportedly closed Saturday, as additional details indicate the Taliban is confiscating U.S. passports.

“All of the entrance gates to the airport were closed on Saturday morning because of the dangerous situation,” the New York Times reported, adding that the U.S. embassy in Kabul is advising evacuees not to travel to the airport in light of “security threats.”

“Because of potential security threats outside the gates at the Kabul airport,” the embassy alerted on its website, “we are advising U.S. citizens to avoid traveling to the airport and to avoid airport gates at this time unless you receive individual instructions from a U.S. government representative to do so.”

The active security threats come as the New York Post reported the Taliban is “now attempting to take their U.S. passports and identification orders in an attempt to stop them from leaving the country.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/21/kabul-airport-gates-closed-taliban-confiscating-u-s-passports/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ground Report — Taliban Fighter: ‘Go Back to Your Home, or I Will Shoot You’

Wendell Husebø21 Aug 20211
1:59

The Taliban is reportedly threatening to shoot evacuees on Saturday in Kabul, Afghanistan, the New York Times reported.

“Go back to your home, or I will shoot you,” a Taliban fighter told one man, “according to a person who witnessed the encounter.”

On the ground threats have instigated the U.S. embassy in Kabul to warn American citizens Saturday “to avoid traveling to the airport and to avoid airport gates… because of potential security threats outside the gates at the Kabul airport.”

The New York Post confirmed via an on-the-ground report that the Taliban is “now attempting to take their U.S. passports and identification orders in an attempt to stop them from leaving the country.”

“I got to the gates and was about to show my passport, but the Taliban got it, and he said you are not allowed to go through and wouldn’t give it back,” one Afghan-American on the ground explained the Post. “I was lucky a U.S. marine was right there and forced him to give it back.”

https://twitter.com/AlexThomp/status/1429086232810774528

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/21/ground-report-taliban-fighter-go-back-to-your-home-or-i-will-shoot-you/
Support the USO

Online Hoodat

Betsy Klein
@betsy_klein · 2m

Maj. Gen. Hank Taylor: “In the last 24 hours, 6 US military C-17s and 32 charters departed Kabul.

This tells me there are a lot of private entities who are putting together the resources needed to get people out.  Meanwhile, the US does nothing.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Josh Caplan
@joshdcaplan
·
6m
AP: Potential Islamic State threats against Americans in Afghanistan forcing U.S. military to develop new ways to get them out
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't think this is true..Fox reporting Biden staying in DC

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1429085020241661958

The Delaware trip was cancelled, probably due to the fact that Henri is supposed to hit New York by tomorrow night.  The White House has a basement, too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

rangerrebew

BIDEN BLOODBATH: Taliban Going ‘House To House’ in Afghanistan ‘HANGING PEOPLE’ Who Worked With U.S.A.
By Pamela Geller - on August 20, 2021

Mass murder orchestrated by the Democrat party.

ISLAMIC SUPREMACISM: Taliban Going Door To Door Hunting Christians, Searching Through Phones For Bible Apps: Report

“Biden” Admin Was WARNED IN JULY of Imminent Kabul Collapse By State Department

Americans Were ‘Beaten Throughout The Night’ In Afghanistan By Taliban, Reporter Says

UK, France, Germany Getting Thousands of Their People Out As Thousands of Americans Remain Stranded In Terror

https://gellerreport.com/2021/08/biden-bloodbath-taliban-going-house-to-house-in-afghanistan-hanging-people-who-worked-with-u-s-a.html/

Online Hoodat

ian bremmer
@ianbremmer

Kabul airport today. Rumors that the Americans will take anyone that gets through so tens of thousands have arrived.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/1428792030415753216

It wasn't a rumor.  Biden said so during his speech broadcast around the globe.  He made a commitment to bring in anyone who helped the US over the last 20 years.  Coming from Biden, it should have told each and every one of them that they are screwed, and that there would be no US help coming their way.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The Delaware trip was cancelled, probably due to the fact that Henri is supposed to hit New York by tomorrow night.  The White House has a basement, too.

Read that just now.  Basement Joe will try and sleep in his Pup tent blanket fort in DC  instead of Delaware. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

Alyssa Farah
@Alyssafarah · 1h

It’s almost as though we needed a plan beyond “get to the airport.” Heartbreaking - this tragedy is squarely on Biden.

Sadly, the situation will only get worse.  As each day passes, any attempt to venture out into Kabul and rescue Americans becomes more likely to result in casualties.  And now that ISIS is on the scene, the likelihood of a long-term hostage situation is almost certain.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

@Cyber Liberty - I am responding on thread 2 to this post by you:

You are misreading what I wrote. I did not say Pelosi is automatically the VP!  According to the 25th Amendment, a President must appoint a VP.  When Spiro Agnew resigned, Carl Albert (then the Speaker of the House) didn't get to be VP, Nixon appointed Gerald Ford, who was the Minority Leader of the House at the time.

If there is no VP, and a President Harris doesn't get a Nominee Confirmed, the the rules of succession says the Speaker will be the new President.https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,445986.msg2480355.html#msg2480355

If Harris can't get her pick for Veep confirmed by both Houses of Congress, then that office would remain open and Pelosi would be first in line.
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,445986.msg2480229.html#msg2480229

I believe you are incorrect as Pelosi does not fill the VP spot if there is a President and no VP can be confirmed.

There is no requirement that Pelosi become VP if that office remains vacant and there is a sitting President.

BTW, locking threads made this kinda difficult to respond back to you
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Angelina Jolie Torches Biden’s Afghanistan Withdrawal: Sickening ‘Betrayal and Failure Impossible to Understand’

Actress Angelina Jolie ripped President Joe Biden’s disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal, which she called “sickening,” and “a betrayal and a failure impossible to fully understand.”

“Whatever your views on the war in Afghanistan, we probably agree on one thing: it should not have ended this way,” Angelina Jolie wrote in an op-ed she wrote for TIME magazine on Friday, adding that as an American, she is “ashamed by the manner of our leaving.”

The Eternals star added that “appearing to cut and run, and abandoning our allies and supporters in the most chaotic way imaginable, after so many years of effort and sacrifice, is a betrayal and a failure impossible to fully understand.”

“It diminishes us,” Jolie affirmed. “We have lost leverage to influence what now happens in Afghanistan.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/08/21/angelina-jolie-torches-bidens-afghanistan-withdrawal-sickening-betrayal-and-failure-impossible-to-understand/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty - I am responding on thread 2 to this post by you:

I believe you are incorrect as Pelosi does not fill the VP spot if there is a President and no VP can be confirmed.

There is no requirement that Pelosi become VP if that office remains vacant and there is a sitting President.

BTW, locking threads made this kinda difficult to respond back to you

Sorry, that lock was necessary for housekeeping.

You still miss my point. Pelosi does not have to be the VP to succeed to the office of President, because if the VP seat is vacant she's already next in the line of succession.  This is the way it was before the 25th Amendment that allows a President to nominate a replacement VP.  Gerald Ford was the first VP to have been not elected, and Rockefeller was the second.

LBJ had no VP between November '63 and January '65 because the 25th had not yet been Ratified.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 05:31:11 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Lucas Tomlinson
@LucasFoxNews
·
1h
BREAKING: U.S. embassy Kabul warns of "potential security threats" outside Kabul airport. "We are advising U.S. citizens to avoid traveling to the airport and to avoid airport gates at this time."

@mystery-ak

Good thing it's safe for them in the city,huh?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

@Bigun replying to https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,445986.msg2480353.html#msg2480353

The only line of succession for President within the Constitution following the VP becoming President is this

In Case of the Removal of the President from Office, or of his Death, Resignation, or Inability to discharge the Powers and Duties of the said Office, the Same shall devolve on the Vice President, and the Congress may by law provide for the Case of Removal, Death, Resignation or Inability, both of the President and Vice President, declaring what Officer shall then act as President, and such Officer shall act accordingly, until the Disability be removed, or a President shall be elected.

This to me indicates that the current Congress is the deciding entity that provides for the removal of a President/VP as well as what Officer shall act as President.

To me, this means the current Congress is not bound by a past Congress or a law in selecting the acting President, as a law by Congress can not supersede the Constitution, the latter being always the deciding factor.

What am I missing?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Sorry, that lock was necessary for housekeeping.

You still miss my point. Pelosi does not have to be the VP to succeed to the office of President, because if the VP seat is vacant she's already next in the line of succession.  This is the way it was before the 25th Amendment that allows a President to nominate a replacement VP.  Gerald Ford was the first VP to have been not elected, and Rockefeller was the second.

LBJ had no VP between November '63 and January '65 because the 25th had not yet been Ratified.
Ok, I see what you meant.  What I read in your post was that Pelosi was the next in line for VP, when I know that is incorrect.  You meant next in line for President if there is no VP