Author Topic: Gerald Ford: Biden Was ‘Incredibly Shortsighted’ on Vietnam ‘Cut and Run’ Disaster by Jeffrey Lord  (Read 83 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Gerald Ford: Biden Was ‘Incredibly Shortsighted’ on Vietnam ‘Cut and Run’ Disaster
Joe Biden's response to Afghanistan is not new. It's a repeat of Vietnam.
by Jeffrey Lord
August 20, 2021, 12:28 AM

Somewhere the late President Gerald Ford is shaking his head.

It was Gerald Ford, famously President Richard Nixon’s number two, who took over the presidency when Watergate forced Nixon’s resignation. Which in turn put Ford in charge of winding down the Vietnam War, building on a negotiated settlement that Nixon and his national security adviser Henry Kissinger had reached with the North Vietnamese. The Paris Peace accords were signed in January of 1973, ending all U.S. combat activities.

But eventually, with U.S. combat troops departed, the war resumed. And Democrats were determined to shoot down all funding for the South Vietnamese — period.

In a highly unusual move, the Democrats who ran the Senate Foreign Relations Committee demanded a meeting with Ford at the White House. The last time a president had a formal meeting with the Committee was in 1919, a full 56 years earlier, when President Woodrow Wilson met with the Committee to push his post-World War One League of Nations proposal.

The April, 1975 meeting with Ford and the Committee was, Ford writes in his memoirs A Time to Heal: The Autobiography of Gerald R. Ford, “extremely tense.” Ford quite specifically mentions the presence of the freshman Senator from Delaware — Joe Biden. The discussion became focused on getting out not only the remaining Americans in the country, but the Vietnamese who had been such loyal help to the Americans. Joe Biden would have none of the latter.

“I will vote for any amount for getting the Americans out,” Ford writes of Biden’s words. But “I don’t want it mixed with getting the Vietnamese out.”

more
https://spectator.org/joe-biden-shortsighted-gerald-ford-vietnam-afghanistan/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Biden's Lifetime Accomplishments
1973 Biden enters politics.

1977 Biden fights to keep schools segregated because in his own words, "allowing blacks to integrate would create a racial jungle".  Fact check me.

1983 BIDEN Taxes Social Security .   

1988 Ran for president but had to end his campaign after getting busted for plagiarism.

1993 BIDEN Taxes Social Security, again .   

1994 Biden writes the "Stop and Frisk" law which is what blacks blame for "systemic racism" today.  This law took millions of black men from their homes and transplanted them into prison.   Fact check me.

2000 Hang on, nothing yet.

2004 Still nothing.

2008 Calls Obama the first "articulate" and "clean" mainstream African-American.

2014 Nope, nothing yet.

2020: NOW HE'S READY TO FIX THE COUNTRY.
[2021: HE IS "FIXING" THE COUNTRY!]
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

I don’t see Biden so much as a Jimmy Carter but I see him as a combination of Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter

Joe Biden is what you would get if Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter were to breed and have a child
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy