Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE FBI finds scant evidence U.S. Capitol attack was coordinated-sources  (Read 185 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

EXCLUSIVE FBI finds scant evidence U.S. Capitol attack was coordinated-sources
Reuters, Aug 20, 2021

WASHINGTON, Aug 20 (Reuters) - The FBI has found scant evidence that the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result, according to four current and former law enforcement officials.

Though federal officials have arrested more than 570 alleged participants, the FBI at this point believes the violence was not centrally coordinated by far-right groups or prominent supporters of then-President Donald Trump, according to the sources, who have been either directly involved in or briefed regularly on the wide-ranging investigations.

“Ninety to ninety-five percent of these are one-off cases,” said a former senior law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation. “Then you have five percent, maybe, of these militia groups that were more closely organized. But there was no grand scheme with Roger Stone and Alex Jones and all of these people to storm the Capitol and take hostages.

More:  https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclusive-fbi-finds-scant-evidence-us-capitol-attack-was-coordinated-sources-2021-08-20/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Wouldn't an "insurrecion" require coordination???   :pondering:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Mosh pit or spontaneous mob misunderstanding?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
They've done a complete flip because I'm guessing the people that were coordinating it were not the usual right wing suspects.
The Republic is lost.

Offline EdinVA

Since our congressional and presidential representatives have repeatedly and publicly declared that they only represent the extreme left, then how can it be an insurrection if those that are not represented occupy space they are being forced to pay for?

Offline PeteS in CA

I have confidence that Pelosi's Kangaroo Kourt Show Trial will try to evade this reality. They lack a Yezhov, though.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

It was coordinated, but not by Trumpers.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org