Author Topic: Despite Spreading Easily, Delta Is Uniquely Weak Against Covid-19 Antibodies, Study Finds  (Read 244 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://www.forbes.com/sites/graisondangor/2021/08/17/despite-spreading-easily-delta-is-uniquely-weak-against-covid-19-antibodies-study-finds/

In a lab, researchers exposed cells with antibodies from the Pfizer vaccine to the original strain of Covid-19 and four variants.

The delta and alpha variants were neutralized by all but one of 13 antibodies that are developed in someone who’s received the Pfizer vaccine, researchers from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis wrote in the peer-reviewed journal Immunity.

“In face of vaccination, delta is relatively a wimpy virus,” said Ali Ellebedy, a senior co-author of the study and a professor of pathology and immunology at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, in a press release announcing the study. 
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I created and keep up a spreadsheet to keep track of covid infections here in Connecticut.

The spreadsheet includes columns for:
Date/CT total infections/daily increase/total CT deaths/daily increase/County infections/daily increase/county deaths/daily increase/town infections/daily increase/weekly increase.

I started on March 7, 2020 and it's got about 525 lines, to present.

By July, the number of daily increase in infections in my town had dropped into the single digits, 4, 5, etc.

At the end of July, state, county and local infections began jumping up again (apparently, the "delta" strain IS more contagious) -- but the number of deaths has all-but dropped off the charts, going day after day with no increase.

My county shows only one death from July 22 to the present.

But back in early July the county was seeing under-20 new infections per day.
Seems to be reporting in the mid-high 300's per day now.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So it sounds like you'll be just fine with natural herd immunity.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm very concerned that the CHICOMs will pick an opportune moment and drop a seriously deadly virus on us at any moment.

They have the result of their full scale test and it worked beyond their wildest dreams.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline rustynail

Offline Kamaji

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline Kamaji

But the flu will still be gone right?

Never to be heard from again!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Never to be heard from again!
Good because Fauci screwed up the response to that too.