Author Topic: Haitian-Born Black Hawk Pilot Joins Haiti Relief Operations  (Read 86 times)

rangerrebew

Haitian-Born Black Hawk Pilot Joins Haiti Relief Operations
« on: August 18, 2021, 01:50:31 pm »
Haitian-Born Black Hawk Pilot Joins Haiti Relief Operations
Mil & Intel   

By Noelle Wiehe | August 17, 2021

Haitian-born US Army pilot Alix Idrache, whose tear-streaked face at his US Military Academy graduation became an iconic image of an immigrant’s success, said on social media Monday, Aug. 16, that he was headed “back home” to Haiti in the wake of the massive earthquake that rocked the country Saturday.

His LinkedIn post reads: “11 years ago, I remember feeling powerless and simply watching the news wishing there was something I could do. Today, through a series of unlikely events and a rather unexpected journey, I’m in a position to help. I’m heading back home. All the hard work has paid and it has gone full circle.”

It was unclear what role Idrache might play in Haiti, though several Army UH-60 Black Hawks — the helicopter Idrache flies — were part of a task force headed to the country, according to US Southern Command. Eight military helicopters will join a large Coast Guard contingent of ships and helicopters already working in and around the island nation. The 7.2 magnitude earthquake struck just off the coast of the Dominican Republic. Much of Haiti remains in tatters after a similar quake in 2010.

https://coffeeordie.com/haitian-born-pilot/