Author Topic: OPEC+ sees no need to meet U.S. call for more supply, sources say  (Read 732 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
OPEC+ sees no need to meet U.S. call for more supply, sources say

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/opec-sees-no-need-speed-up-oil-cuts-easing-despite-us-calls-sources-2021-08-16/

n

LONDON, Aug 16 (Reuters) - OPEC and its allies, including Russia, believe oil markets do not need more oil than they plan to release in the coming months, despite U.S. pressure to add supplies to check an oil price rise, four sources told Reuters.

>snip<

Last week, U.S. President Joe Biden's administration urged the producer group to boost output to tackle rising gasoline prices ...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: OPEC+ sees no need to meet U.S. call for more supply, sources say
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 02:39:31 pm »
Of course they will not.

They look after themselves, not look after us
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online DefiantMassRINO

Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 03:16:12 pm »
Apparently the Biden Administration's version of the Green New Deal is *not* to reduce production of oil, since he's just asked for production to be increased.  His version of the GND is just to make sure Americans don't have jobs producing that oil.
James 1:20

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 03:46:02 pm »
Watch pump prices increase next week on this news.

I'm feeling a lot of malaise with this new dementia version of Jimmah Carter occupying the White house basement.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2021, 06:17:38 pm »
Apparently the Biden Administration's version of the Green New Deal is *not* to reduce production of oil, since he's just asked for production to be increased.  His version of the GND is just to make sure Americans don't have jobs producing that oil.
It's easy to see why. Oilfield hands don't vote Democrat. Trump got 82-85% of the votes in the oil producing counties here.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2021, 07:25:25 pm »
Good point..

AOC will undoubtedly let him know.  Sarc
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 11:52:09 pm »
BenjaminT /Boycott 2022 Genocide Olympics
@BenjaminT0001

The $3.5M bank transfer from the widow of ex Moscow mayor to Hunter Biden has paid off:
America now is buying Russian Oil !
5:37 PM · Sep 10, 2021·
September 10, 2021  3:56 PM EDT  Last Updated 4 hours ago
Traders chase Russian oil to fill U.S. supply gap after Hurricane Ida
Reuters

MOSCOW, Sept 10 (Reuters) - Trading houses are rushing to supply Russian Urals crude to the United States where oil production was hammered by Hurricane Ida in August, three trading sources said on Friday.

Ida, one of the most devastating hurricanes for oil companies operating in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico since storms in 2005, led to prolonged halts in the area's offshore oil output. About two-thirds of U.S. offshore production remains shut nearly two weeks after the hurricane made landfall. [nL1N2QC20H]

Trading firms, including Trafigura, Vitol and Litasco, have secured about 5 million barrels of Russian Urals for loading in September and for delivery to the United States, the three sources told Reuters.

Urals oil arbitrage to the United States is rare. Usually only a few cargoes are shipped every few months. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org