Author Topic: Prosecutors dismiss murder charge against Felipe Gallegos, the HPD officer accused of killing Dennis  (Read 224 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by St. John Barned-Smith 8/17/2021

Harris County prosecutors on Tuesday asked a judge to dismiss murder charges against a Houston police officer accused of killing a Houston homeowner during a January 2019 drug raid later proved to be based on a lie.

In a news release, Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg said prosecutors sought to have murder charges against Felipe Gallegos dismissed after misconduct by a former prosecutor handling the case raised concerns about his judgment.

Prosecutors plan to have a new grand jury review the case to determine if an indictment is warranted, according to the news release.

The police officer is one of 11 current and former officers who came under scrutiny after the Harding Street drug raid, which ended with the deaths of Rhogena Nicholas and Dennis Tuttle. In the raid, Squad 15 narcotics officers, using a no-knock warrant, burst into Tuttleā€™s home looking for drugs. Gunfire erupted, ending with the deaths of the two homeowners and four officers shot.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Gallegos-16393678.php

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Harris County is in great hands now! Lina, Kim, and mayor pothole have everything under control!

:sarc: :dumpster:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Say their names.