Author Topic: Leon Panetta calls Afghanistan a 'Bay of Pigs' moment for Biden: 'Our credibility right now is in qu  (Read 111 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Leon Panetta calls Afghanistan a 'Bay of Pigs' moment for Biden: 'Our credibility right now is in question'
'It unfolded quickly and the president thought that everything would be fine and that was not the case'
By David Rutz | Fox News

Former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta said Monday the unfolding debacle in Afghanistan was a "Bay of Pigs" moment for President Joe Biden, referring to the ill-fated, U.S.-backed effort to overthrow Cuban dictator Fidel Castro.

Biden has come under sharp criticism for the chaos unfolding in Afghanistan as the Taliban seizes control, and Panetta was asked by CNN's John King what this moment meant for the president.

"In many ways, I think of John Kennedy and the Bay of Pigs, you know?" Panetta said. "It unfolded quickly and the president thought that everything would be fine and that was not the case. But President Kennedy took responsibility for what took place. I strongly recommend to President Biden that he take responsibility and admit the mistakes that were made."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/leon-panetta-afghanistan-bay-of-pigs-moment-biden
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Leon Panetta calls Afghanistan a 'Bay of Pigs' moment for Biden: 'Our credibility right now is in question

In question??? Are you kidding me?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 10:46:19 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
In question??? Are you kidding me?

Leon has never been what one would call a deep thinker on the issues.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

What do you mean “our”? I didn’t vote for Biden, so leave me out of it!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"We mock honor, and are then shocked to find traitors in our midst."

C.S. Lewis
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien