Author Topic: Afghanistan: Boris Johnson told to 'get a grip' on Kabul evacuation as ex-Royal Marine describes 'st  (Read 161 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Afghanistan: Boris Johnson told to 'get a grip' on Kabul evacuation as ex-Royal Marine describes 'stampede'

Paul "Pen" Farthing - who founded an animal shelter in Afghanistan's capital - describes to Sky News the "unimaginable horror show" as his wife and a pregnant employee attempted to get a flight out of Kabul.

Political reporter @GregHeffer

Tuesday 17 August 2021 20:08, UK

A former Royal Marine commando has demanded Boris Johnson "get a grip" on the evacuation effort from Kabul as he warned: "People are going to die."

Paul "Pen" Farthing - who founded an animal shelter in Afghanistan's capital - described to Sky News the "unimaginable horror show" as his wife and a pregnant employee attempted to get a flight out of the city.

He revealed he had still yet to hear from his wife after she and one of his staff members were caught in a "stampede" outside Kabul's airport.

And he accused both the UK and US governments of "not telling the truth" about the chaos within the city following its takeover by the Taliban.

"My wife and my country manager, who is 34 weeks' pregnant, they were told by the evacuation teams that they need to get to Kabul airport within the next hour to get their flights, their evacuation flights out," Mr Farthing said.

"There is no security on the outside of Kabul airport. They got caught in a crush, in a stampede.

more
https://news.sky.com/story/afghanistan-boris-johnson-told-to-get-a-grip-on-kabul-evacuation-as-ex-royal-marine-describes-stampede-12383950
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So is Joe lying or the Marine?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

So is Joe lying or the Marine?

I'll place my bets on the lying dog-faced pony soldier.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.