Author Topic: Afghanistan Is Your Fault  (Read 746 times)

Offline goatprairie

Re: Afghanistan Is Your Fault
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2021, 08:11:29 pm »
Frankly, just like what was happening when Saigon fell, and it was blown in the same way. (Massed NVA moving south would have made excellent air targets--but no air assets.)

Sadly, this was done even after the wild success at shredding Saddam's forces on the highways going out of Kuwait.

That could have been the Taliban's future...

I have never been in the military (and really appreciate all who have served), but couldn't some general somewhere think of this as an opportunity to strike instead of panic and hide?
Obama missed the same opportunity to destroy ISIS convoys when they were motoring through western Iraq.
I'll bet some top military advisor probably informed Obama about how easy it would be to send in a few drones and blast them out of existence.
I'll bet Obama most likely shrugged his  shoulders and said I don't give a rat's ass.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2021, 08:34:53 pm »
We bombed Highway 80 (Highway of Death) so badly they had just finally cleared all the vehicles when I was there the first time in 1994.  The bi share of vehicles is freaky as (bleep) I o walk through. 

Last general to have that kind of initiative was Carter Ham the night of the attacks on Benghazi.

It cost him his career and the message was sent to the rest of the GO Corps.
Carter Ham was AFRICOM, and I believe a Carrier Group Admiral was put on the beach at about the same time. Likely for coming up with the same sort of plan. Just a little air support would have gone a long way. 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2021, 08:42:41 pm »
Good grief, stop it. I voted for Trump twice. Guess what? ...he lost...fairly, squarely, and bigly.
Trump ain't coming back, so get over him.
We need a decent champion to fight Biden and the rest of the Democrat creeps for the future.
Trump isn't the answer.

GOOD GRIEF!  TELL US.....WHO?  WHO?   No one can give us any answer,  anyone near the great caliber of POTUS TRUMP...All you can do is bash a good man.  Way to go, with your TRUMP envy.  WE DO NOT HAVE A COUNTRY ANYMORE...DUH.  UNDER COMMUNIST CONTROL.  WE ARE DONE!   YOU FOOL. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2021, 08:46:33 pm »
Obama missed the same opportunity to destroy ISIS convoys when they were motoring through western Iraq.
I'll bet some top military advisor probably informed Obama about how easy it would be to send in a few drones and blast them out of existence.
I'll bet Obama most likely shrugged his  shoulders and said I don't give a rat's ass.

you still think obama was voted into office too?  YOU THINK SOMEONE with the name, BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA..cares about America?  There was a film where obama says, he wants to take down America.  Hussein does not believe in ANY country being better, than others. You know, I don't know, what is going on with you, it is NOT REALITY.
OVER AND OUT! 

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2021, 09:18:34 pm »
GOOD GRIEF!  TELL US.....WHO?  WHO?   No one can give us any answer,  anyone near the great caliber of POTUS TRUMP...All you can do is bash a good man.  Way to go, with your TRUMP envy.  WE DO NOT HAVE A COUNTRY ANYMORE...DUH.  UNDER COMMUNIST CONTROL.  WE ARE DONE!   YOU FOOL.

You really should stop calling other members "Fools".  This establishment frowns upon behavior like what you have exhibited.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2021, 09:35:20 pm »

I don't care if you argue..but stop insulting fellow members or you will get a timeout.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2021, 03:57:58 pm »
Carter Ham was AFRICOM, and I believe a Carrier Group Admiral was put on the beach at about the same time. Likely for coming up with the same sort of plan. Just a little air support would have gone a long way.

Yup and that was his area of operations...IIRC he ordered the carrier group to turn towards Libya.  The Carrier TF commander was put on the beach for obeying the order.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2021, 04:07:33 pm »
Yup and that was his area of operations...IIRC he ordered the carrier group to turn towards Libya.  The Carrier TF commander was put on the beach for obeying the order.

@txradioguy @Smokin Joe

Those guys in Benghazi were lighting up targets with laser designators (almost like hanging a neon sign around their necks saying "Shoot Here!") when they were finally taken out.  The ONLY reason that they would be doing that is that someone told them that there was air asset(s) overhead.  Who would have lied to them?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2021, 04:34:38 pm »
@txradioguy @Smokin Joe

Those guys in Benghazi were lighting up targets with laser designators (almost like hanging a neon sign around their necks saying "Shoot Here!") when they were finally taken out.  The ONLY reason that they would be doing that is that someone told them that there was air asset(s) overhead.  Who would have lied to them?

Same people leaving Americans hanging out to dry across Afghanistan.  Same folks keeping the 82nd Airborne inside the wire at the airport instead of running patrols and picking up Americans stranded across Kabul.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2021, 07:37:14 pm »
Same people leaving Americans hanging out to dry across Afghanistan.  Same folks keeping the 82nd Airborne inside the wire at the airport instead of running patrols and picking up Americans stranded across Kabul.
And (hopefully this is penetrating some of the more dense heads out there) the same people who will abandon or turn on any and all whom they enlist to help them get the power they want, when that power is theirs, here or there.
It has ever been so with totalitarians. They preach compassion, but have less than a snake.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2021, 07:59:17 pm »
The guy who killed Bin Laden, Rob O'Neal, on Greg Gutfeld's show said he couldn't understand why we just didn't send in a few jdams when the idiot Taliban leaders were all gathered together in the palace to laugh at America on tv. It would have been so simple.

This administration has zero desire to do anything that looks like decisive action against what Americans see as a declared enemy.

Remember Biden was against going into Pakistan to take out Bin Laden when he was Veep and he criticized Trump for killing that Iranian general.

We've gone from "Peace through strength" to "Peace through cowardice" all in the short span of 7 months.