Author Topic: Unreal: Atlanta Elementary School Allegedly Segregated Students by Race  (Read 215 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

‘It Was Just Disbelief’: Parent Files Complaint Against Atlanta Elementary School After Learning the Principal Segregated Students Based on Race

https://atlantablackstar.com/2021/08/10/it-was-just-disbelief-parent-files-complaint-against-atlanta-elementary-school-after-learning-the-principal-segregated-students-based-on-race/

An Atlanta mom filed a federal complaint against her daughter’s Atlanta elementary school after she learned that the school was separating students on the basis of race.

In the discrimination complaint filed with the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights, parent Kila Posey claims the principal at Mary Lin Elementary School, a K-5 school in the Atlanta Public Schools system, put a segregation policy in place because she thought it was best for all students.

“We’ve lost sleep like trying to figure out why would a person do this,” Posey told local TV news station WSB. Posey and her attorney Sharese Shields believe the policy is a violation of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Posey found out last year that the elementary school would be putting Black students in two different classrooms with two different teachers and white students into six classrooms with six different teachers.

For a picture of Principal Sharyn Briscoe, go here, https://www.atlantapublicschools.us/Page/6979 .

Desegregation is so 1960s; "safe spaces" are 21st Century.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

Full circle, back to the future/past.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I see nothing wrong with this.
In fact, I can only see benefits for the white kids unfortunate enough to have to go to that school.

They may now be "segregated" back into a classroom (of whites) where they actually may learn something...

Offline Hoodat

'It’s against the law': Atlanta parent filed complaint over alleged segregation of classrooms

Eric Perry   |   Published 11 hours ago

An Atlanta elementary school is under fire after a parent filed a federal discrimination complaint.

The mother claims she was told her daughter could only be placed in one of two "Black' second grade classes at Mary Lin Elementary School.

The mother claims this was specifically for second graders during the 2020-21 school year and argues this violates the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

"This is not really a Black or white issue. It’s against the law," Kila Posey said.  .  .  .

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/its-against-the-law-atlanta-parent-filed-complaint-over-alleged-segregation-of-classrooms

This is the elementary school my older kids attended back in the 90s.  I lived in Candler Park because it was an affordable place to live.  But today, elitist liberals have driven out all the blue collar folks.  Knowing the type of people living there but without knowing the details of this case, I suspect that this isn't some leftist social experiment, but instead is an overt effort to delegate the best teachers to the children of white liberals and protect them from the bad elements of society who live south of Dekalb Ave.  Democrats doing what Democrats do, from 1836 until today.  Racist to their very core, no matter how much they try to tell you otherwise.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

In fact, I can only see benefits for the white kids unfortunate enough to have to go to that school.

I see a hell of a lot wrong with this.  Every parent should have the same opportunity to educate their children.  The problem is that government has already segregated the school system by dividing it into districts, and then applying an unequal distribution of resources among those districts.  The school principal at Mary Lin  just took it a step further and based it on race, not economic background.

A school system should be colorblind.  And it should also be equal in providing an education to every kid in that district.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

They may now be "segregated" back into a classroom (of whites) where they actually may learn something...
That's true. Since teachers no longer have to teach on the level of the most educationally backward student, I suspect that the White kids lessons are going to rise exponentially in difficulty. Maybe America finally can actually climb up from last place in worldwide intelligence exams.

It is the Black people who are pushing for segregation. If that is what Black people want, then I am more than good with it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 06:03:46 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

It is the Black people who are pushing for segregation. If that is what Black people want, then I am more than good with it.

The person filing the complaint is a black parent.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Unreal: Atlanta Elementary School Allegedly Segregated Students by Race
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2021, 01:37:41 pm »
Unreal: Atlanta Elementary School Allegedly Segregated Students by Race
Leah Barkoukis

Posted: Aug 12, 2021 7:00 AM

It may be 2021 but one elementary in Atlanta is acting like it’s the Jim Crow era based on the principal's policy of segregating children in classrooms based on race.

A black mother whose child attends the Mary Lin Elementary School was shocked to find out the principal implemented this policy last year. She only discovered it was happening when she asked to place her child with a teacher she thought would be a better fit.

"[The principal] said that’s not one of the Black classes, and I immediately said, ‘What does that mean?’ I was confused. I asked for more clarification. I was like, ‘We have those in the school?’ And she proceeded to say, ‘Yes. I have decided that I’m going to place all of the Black students in two classes,’" mother Kila Posey told WSB-TV, according to Fox News, recalling her conversation with the principal.

"We've lost sleep like trying to figure out why would a person do this," Posey said. "First, it was just disbelief that I was having this conversation in 2020 with a person that looks just like me — a Black woman. It's segregating classrooms. You cannot segregate classrooms. You can't do it."

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2021/08/12/unreal-atlanta-school-allegedly-segregates-students-by-race-n2594021
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Unreal: Atlanta Elementary School Allegedly Segregated Students by Race
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2021, 05:14:44 pm »
Black parents accuse Atlanta of retaliation after they fought segregation of classrooms

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/education/black-parents-accuse-atlanta-retaliation-after-they-fought-segregation

An assistant principal at Mary Lin Elementary told Jason Posey, the school psychologist, that Posey's daughter "P.P." could not be placed with his preferred teacher because all black second-graders had been placed in their own classrooms.

Seven months later, the district confirmed to Posey's wife Kila Posey that Mary Lin Elementary's principal Sharyn Briscoe, who is black, set up the two black-only classrooms. White second-graders had their choice of six different classrooms.
Benton admitted that one of the teachers for the black classrooms was "on a different planet sometimes," while the teacher the Poseys wanted was "phenomenal." Posey responded: "You just took the words out of my mouth."

The complaint alleges that Briscoe made this segregation decision without informing parents of black students, "relegating them to only those classes she deemed appropriate."
The parents' continued criticism of Briscoe's racial segregation provoked the principal to try several times — unsuccessfully — to get Jason Posey transferred to another school, the complaint alleges. School district officials recently intervened to prevent Briscoe from evicting him from his office, according to the Poseys.

The principal allegedly tried to get the district to cancel its contract with Kila Posey's after-school services provider, The Club After School, but Brown informed the mother that district officials were on the lookout for Briscoe's retaliatory efforts.

The complaint alleges Briscoe committed retaliation by proxy. She convinced the principal of Springdale Park Elementary, her "close personal friend" whose school shares a "cluster" with Mary Lin, to cancel its contract with Kila Posey's organization "out of the blue."

The Poseys distrusted the school district educrats and recorded their telecons with officials. Hence, some of the quotes.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.