Author Topic: Biden officials admit miscalculation as Afghanistan’s national forces and government rapidly fall  (Read 222 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Biden officials admit miscalculation as Afghanistan’s national forces and government rapidly fall

President Joe Biden and his administration struggled Sunday to project order amid a race by American and other foreign personnel to evacuate Afghanistan as Taliban fighters entered Kabul.

The rapid fall of Afghanistan’s national forces and government has come as a shock to Biden and senior members of his administration, who only last month believed it could take months before the civilian government in Kabul fell – allowing a period of time after American troops left before the full consequences of the withdrawal were laid bare.

Now, officials are frankly admitting they miscalculated.

“The fact of the matter is we’ve seen that that force has been unable to defend the country,” Secretary of State Antony Blinken told CNN’s Jake Tapper on “State of the Union,” referring to Afghanistan’s national security forces. “And that has happened more quickly than we anticipated.”

The risks for Biden politically are uncertain; a majority of Americans say in polls they support withdrawing troops from Afghanistan, and Biden’s aides have calculated the country shares his weariness at prolonging a 20-year conflict.

Yet the chaotic scenes playing out as that war ends – evoking the fall of Saigon in 1975, an image that haunted Biden as he weighed a withdrawal earlier this year – are certain to trail Biden as the Taliban asserts control over large swaths of the country.

Already, some members of Congress are demanding more information from the administration on how its intelligence could have so badly misjudged the situation on the ground, or why more robust contingency plans for evacuating Americans and their allies weren’t in place. .................

ttps://www.cnn.com/2021/08/15/politics/biden-administration-taliban-kabul-afghanistan/index.html
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's not merely a "miscalculation," and it's worse than a "disaster."  It's a "blunder."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline berdie

Ya know what?  If I can watch the network world news and see the speed that this was happening and figure it out...

If even I know it's probably not a good idea to take the word of the Taliban (with no military in my background)....

Then I am forced to believe our leaders are clueless idiots.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Ya know what?  If I can watch the network world news and see the speed that this was happening and figure it out...

If even I know it's probably not a good idea to take the word of the Taliban (with no military in my background)....

Then I am forced to believe our leaders are clueless idiots.

They are worse than clueless idiots. They are bought and paid for CHICOM agents.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Biden officials admit miscalculation:pondering: I think someone spelled Major F'k Up wrong!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Biden officials admit miscalculation:pondering: I think someone spelled Major F'k Up wrong!
But "miscalculation" sounds so much better than the alternative: That they calculated this, the effects are intentional, even though the Democrats are the masters of being blindsided by unintended consequences. At some point, ignorance is no longer an excuse. These people are supposedly the best at what they do (at least that's what these experts tell us, anyway), yet most of us could have predicted this debacle.

Our civil government has betrayed our troops (again), those who placed their faith in their alliance with us (again), and given away to our enemies valuable weapons and tech.

They're so good at this it has to be intentional.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

It's not merely a "miscalculation," and it's worse than a "disaster."  It's a "blunder."

It's business as usual for the Biden coup.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Absalom

Biden officials admit miscalculation as Afghanistan’s national forces and government rapidly fall.

-------------------------
Reflect a moment on those 12 words.
A school child reading them would likely conclude that Afghanistan is a nation/state having a legitimate government and military;
rather than a third world tribal trash pile whose major product is drugs.
So much for the honor and integrity of our media.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Miscalculation? The world of hurt that exists now because we've allowed a terrorist nation to be reconstituted is something our leaders haven't even got their heads around yet.

The Taliban are 20 years smarter and have China's backing. I hope we can get out of this without one of cities becoming a smoldering, irradiated pile of rubble
The Republic is lost.