Author Topic: Terror threat is RAISED: Joint Chiefs of Staff Chair Mark Milley tells senators that the US homeland  (Read 1368 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Terror threat is RAISED: Joint Chiefs of Staff Chair Mark Milley tells senators that the US homeland is now at greater risk from terror groups in Afghanistan in major blow to American efforts after 20 years of fighting in the country

Mark Milley told senators he will update an assessment on the timeline of a terrorist group reemergence in Afghanistan up from a two-year 'medium threat'
    The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin briefed a bipartisan group of senators on Sunday
    They said President Biden and top military officials underestimated how quickly the Taliban would retake Afghanistan after the troop withdrawal
    'Two takeaways for me – We're gonna leave tens of thousands of people behind... and the timeline in terms of threats has accelerated,' a source on the call said

By Katelyn Caralle, U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

Published: 13:30 EDT, 15 August 2021 | Updated: 13:50 EDT, 15 August 2021

Afghanistan fell to the Taliban much faster than President Joe Biden and his top military leaders predicted, a Sunday report from Axios reveals.

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mark Milley told a bipartisan group of senators during a Sunday call that a past assessment of how soon the terrorist groups will reemerge in Afghanistan will drastically speed up due to the events over the last week.

On the call with Milley, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and Secretary of State Antony Blinken, Republican Senator Lindsey Graham asked if they will revise the assessment given to Congress in June that classified a 'medium' risk of terrorist group reconstituting within two years of withdrawal.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9895781/Mark-Milley-told-senators-terrorist-groups-reemerge-Afghanistan-quicker-predicted.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

....meanwhile ....who's coming across our open borders?????    9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

Afghanistan fell to the Taliban much faster than President Joe Biden and his top military leaders predicted, a Sunday report from Axios reveals.

Project weakness and you will be tested. If you don't respond to the test decisively you get rolled over.

I know the Rats are worthless, where were our military leaders?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Anybody and everybody, except Cubans.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Don't worry.  Our country's leadership is on sound footing.....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

We didn't learn Jack $hit from the Russian's 10 year struggle there   (Thank You Charlie Wilson, TX), Wasteland of Empires since Alexander the Great.

This is a complete failure of our Intelligence Service and State Dept.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

We didn't learn Jack $hit from the Russian's 10 year struggle there   (Thank You Charlie Wilson, TX), Wasteland of Empires since Alexander the Great.

This is a complete failure of our Intelligence Service and State Dept.
This is what happens when you waste precious assets that should be watching our real enemies, instead of  chasing after your own patriotic citizens for political purposes.
I must note that incompetence at the Department of State has been the Hallmark of Democrat Administrations, and the rise of ISIS can be credited to the destabilization of North Africa and the Levant, all wrought by Obama's minions and Hillary. From Castro in  Cuba and The Bay of Pigs debacle, the aftermath of (and involvement in) Vietnam, the Iranian Hostage crisis, Benghazi, Mursi in Egypt, etc., even, to some extent Syria, all have Democrats fingerprints all over them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Absalom

Predictably, the usual suspects are on their horse w/the political blame game,
despite politics being the essence of this fandango.
Plainly and simply, Afghanistan was never any of our business/concern, even for a day!
At its core, our military/political actions/responses are something to yap about and so what.
What matters is that this is a severe 'Loss of Face' for the United States, an outcome that
great nations cannot suffer in the eyes of the world and remain great.   

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Project weakness and you will be tested. If you don't respond to the test decisively you get rolled over.

Mr. Biden insisted that "first of all, the mission hasn't failed," Joe Biden 7/8/21
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
At least Biden killed bin laden, so he has that going for him.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

At least Biden killed bin laden, so he has that going for him.

Right! Now we have no worries.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Quote:

christian:
and as always, the more the democrats screw things up, the more its Trumps fault.  More crisis es of democrat origin to capitalize on, more power and freedoms to grab.  More blame shifting; Blame Trump!  The ship of fools is sinking, America,  fools continue to put more holes in the boats hull to let the water out.
NEVERTRUMPER UTOPIA IS HERE!
 888mouth ****slapping :smokin: ****slapping
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline libertybele

Quote:

christian:
and as always, the more the democrats screw things up, the more its Trumps fault.  More crisis es of democrat origin to capitalize on, more power and freedoms to grab.  More blame shifting; Blame Trump!  The ship of fools is sinking, America,  fools continue to put more holes in the boats hull to let the water out.

@christian at a time like this, it really is time to get past the NeverTrumper mentality. It does absolutely nothing to promote unity which we really, really need right now. We need to ALL come together to somehow save this Republic. It's time to figure out a way forward.

BTW the terror threat has been heightened and 9-11 is just around the corner.

Offline LegalAmerican

Milley Mathis and Lloyd Austin....are all WOKE GENERALS.  DOES THAT EXPAIN IT?   Lloyd Austin  supports, BLM, C.R.T AND GAYNESS and makes conservatives listen to a lame speech on C.R.T.  HE IS TOP DOG IN PENTAGON.   Austin is purging all conservatives from military.  He is making military take the NON approved by FDA, vaccine by Sept 15.  5th?
So, it will mostly be gays, trannies, lefts, who will be forced to take the vax. 

Offline LegalAmerican

Quote:

christian:

Right on!   :bingo: :thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

@christian at a time like this, it really is time to get past the NeverTrumper mentality. It does absolutely nothing to promote unity which we really, really need right now. We need to ALL come together to somehow save this Republic. It's time to figure out a way forward.

BTW the terror threat has been heightened and 9-11 is just around the corner.

I disagree. All you N.T'S....need it rubbed in your faces.   You will have horrors to endure. WHAT UNITY?  GIVE IN TO ALL YOU N.T.S....AGAIN?  You all need to learn the hard way!   We, already KNOW. 

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Milley is OBSESSSED with turning leftist political opposition into terrorists.

He also seems obsessed with getting the military involved in stomping the jackboot on them.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I disagree. All you N.T'S....need it rubbed in your faces.   

You really aren't in a position intellectually to be talking smack like that.   We know your posting history.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
You really aren't in a position intellectually to be talking smack like that.   We know your posting history.

:beer:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline corbe

Plainly and simply, Afghanistan was never any of our business/concern, even for a day!
At its core, our military/political actions/responses are something to yap about and so what.

What matters is that this is a severe 'Loss of Face' for the United States, an outcome that

I agree with your points @Absalom but did not this stupid world figure out anything from the castrophies of US involvement in Korea, Vietnam, etc....?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

888high58888

Offline libertybele

I couldn't agree more.  This is beyond tragic!

Offline corbe

I disagree. All you N.T'S....need it rubbed in your faces.   You will have horrors to endure. WHAT UNITY?  GIVE IN TO ALL YOU N.T.S....AGAIN?  You all need to learn the hard way!   We, already KNOW. 

Take a Valium @LegalAmerican   I agree with @libertybele 
    'NT' is so passé now, different meaning entirely.  The only way to for us to be distinguished now is probably use the more correct nomenclature 'TH' for Trump Hater and/or 'TE' for Trump Envy.

We old NT'ers, if we are still alive, when Trump runs again in 2024, 2028, 2032, 2036 (as an inframicrobe, orange podcast), will never vote for your guy and always vote for the hottest chick anyway, it was was already way past over before the infamous escalator ride 6 years ago.

Offline LegalAmerican

Yes, I am. You all need to be smacked up side your head, with all your ignorant thinking, that I read on here.   22222frying pan.  My history is great.  All facts. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOysMK5xK5c&t=1067s

Offline mountaineer

FLASHBACK:
    GOP Congressman John Katko says the U.S.-Mexico border is being exploited by 'terrorists' who are even on the terrorist watchlist
    *Katko alleged that people from 'Yemen and the Middle East' were coming across
    *The numbers of those crossing the border has risen since Biden took office and there are plans to use Dallas Convention Center to house 3,000 teenage boys
    *The center is to be used initially for a period of 90 days 
    *Republican critics blame Biden for relaxing some of former President Donald Trump's hardline immigration policies
    *Biden officials have fired back, saying they inherited a broken immigration system that had treated asylum seekers inhumanely

By James Gordon For Dailymail.com and Reuters
Published: 02:16 EDT, 16 March 2021 | Updated: 09:58 EDT, 16 March 2021 ...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9366473/GOP-Rep-John-Katko-claims-terrorists-starting-exploit-southern-Border-Biden.html
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org