Author Topic: Harsanyi: Biden Admits Green New Deal Is Just a Pipedream  (Read 203 times)

rangerrebew

Harsanyi: Biden Admits Green New Deal Is Just a Pipedream
« on: August 14, 2021, 02:01:30 pm »
Harsanyi: Biden Admits Green New Deal Is Just a Pipedream
David Harsanyi
August 12, 2021

On Monday, the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, or the IPCC, ordered a “code red,” releasing a “landmark” report warning that global warming was an existential threat to humanity, “unequivocally” blaming humans for the problem, and demanding rapid action to cut greenhouse-gas emissions. “What the IPCC told us is what President Biden has believed all along,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki noted on Tuesday. “Climate change is an urgent threat that requires bold action.”

The very next day, the Biden administration released a statement imploring the OPEC cartel to increase production of oil to help lower worldwide gas prices. “Higher gasoline costs,” the White House said, “if left unchecked, risk harming the ongoing global recovery.” The White House wants OPEC to go above the 400,000-barrels-per-day increase it already promised to implement, which doesn’t seem to jibe with the notion that we are on the precipice of the apocalypse.

As an economic matter, of course, the request makes total sense: By pressuring exporters to pump more oil, a fungible commodity, we lower costs worldwide. Even though technology continues to create efficiencies that lower emissions, modernity relies heavily on affordable and reliable energy. Economies would collapse without it. And for emerging nations, affordable fossil fuel remains a prerequisite for lifting billions of people out of poverty.

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2021/08/harsanyi-biden-admits-green-new-deal-is-just-a-pipedream/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Harsanyi: Biden Admits Green New Deal Is Just a Pipedream
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 10:45:19 pm »
A crack pipe.

If only we had some people on our side in Congress...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 10:47:40 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2021, 10:48:49 pm »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2021, 10:51:00 pm »
A crack pipe.

If only we had some people on our side in Congress...

Amen!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2021, 10:53:05 pm »
The useless idiots go all orgasmic over Green New Deal without realizing that right now 'green' energy only supplies about 20% of the electricity in the US.

They also don't realize a coal, nuke, or natgas plant can be put up about anywhere the infrastructure is available and will run 24/7.

Renewables are much more site specific. You don't put solar in Seattle or wind in Florida.

It's not a profit margin issue - there simply will be little to no power generated.

Of course, the leftist globalists at the top of the chain totally understand this.
The Republic is lost.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2021, 03:16:18 am »
Isn't Biden in the business of crushing and terminating PIPE DREAMS ?
 22222frying pan
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2021, 07:01:09 am »
Isn't Biden in the business of crushing and terminating PIPE DREAMS ?
 22222frying pan
I thought that was pipe lines....

C S Lewis