Author Topic: Billy Crystal got super stoned inside an MRI machine after eating too many weed gummies, then asked  (Read 518 times)

Offline libertybele

Just the headline itself made me chuckle!   :rolling:

Billy Crystal got super stoned inside an MRI machine after eating too many weed gummies, then asked his doctor for Taco Bell

Billy Crystal said he ate too many weed edibles and asked for fast food 30 minutes into an MRI.

The "Princess Bride" actor recounted his unusual medical experience during an appearance on Wednesday's "The Tonight Show."

Crystal said his doctor recommended he get an MRI after he experienced "strange pain" in his hip, possibly from a workout. During an MRI, people typically lay in or place a body part inside a piece of narrow tube-shaped equipment.

Because he's "very claustrophobic" and was "really nervous" about the procedure, he decided to get some weed gummies to calm himself before it.

"The guy at the cannabis place said - because there's a section for seniors - 'two will make you feel good.' So I said, 'I really want to feel fabulous,'" Crystal told host Jimmy Fallon.

Crystal explained that after he had changed into his hospital gown and the doctors had put color dye in his hip (to help with clearer imaging during the MRI), he ate four of the cannabis edibles, although he didn't specify the dosage of THC or CBD in each of them.

According to Crystal, once he was inside the MRI machine, he was "listening to a little Bill Evans" and had a button he could press to get in touch with the doctor doing the MRI to ask for help.

"About half-hour in, I got really hungry," Crystal recalled. "So I squeezed the thing and he goes, 'Are you okay, Mr. Crystal?' I said, 'Yeah, yeah. Is there a Taco Bell?'"...................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/billy-crystal-got-super-stoned-165855255.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I can identify with that. I have been slighly claustrophic my whole life,and it seems to be getting worse now that I am older and have to do this on a regular basis.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A half-hour MRI?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

A half-hour MRI?

I've had an MRI of the head and cervical spine that lasted almost 45 min., it became overwhelming. Obviously the space is very constricted to begin with and I was told not to move. Gummies or something next time!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've had an MRI of the head and cervical spine that lasted almost 45 min., it became overwhelming. Obviously the space is very constricted to begin with and I was told not to move. Gummies or something next time!

Xanax.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Valium.  happy77

Never enter the tube without it!  (And, close your eyes BEFORE you're rolled into it)

Offline libertybele

Never enter the tube without it!  (And, close your eyes BEFORE you're rolled into it)

888high58888

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I used a sleeping mask.  It's better if you can't see the tube inches from your face.  As for me, no more MRIs, since I now have a bunch of steel in my body.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

I used a sleeping mask.  It's better if you can't see the tube inches from your face.  As for me, no more MRIs, since I now have a bunch of steel in my body.   :shrug:

Normally I do fine with MRI's.  But having to not move for over a half hour is a bit much. Either I'll opt out if I need another that long or I'll take some sort of magic elixir.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

DAMN right! Seems like forever when you are strapped down in one of those tubes.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

DAMN right! Seems like forever when you are strapped down in one of those tubes.

I'll know better next time.  happy77

Online mountaineer

Worse are the MRIs where you have to keep the affected body part (in my case, left shoulder) in a very awkward and painful position for those 20 or more minutes. Regular ones are bad enough - it's hard not to think about your nose itching. It's gonna itch, it's gonna itch, I just know it's gonna itch...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org