Author Topic: Thousands of kindergartners no-show, putting their futures at risk, experts say  (Read 508 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Thousands of kindergartners no-show, putting their futures at risk, experts say
by Barnini Chakraborty, Senior Investigations Reporter |
 | August 14, 2021 07:00 AM

Hundreds of thousands of kindergartners across the country expected to enroll in traditional schools or attend online classes have been no-shows.

The coronavirus pandemic, the economic fallout, and two years of inconsistent guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have worried parents to the point that they've chosen to forgo traditional schools altogether. But new data from the federal government seem to show that the decision to keep the children at home might have done more harm than good in the long run.

In all, more than 1 million children who had been expected to enroll in online learning or attend a traditional school failed to show up over the past 18 months since the pandemic hit the United States. The missing students were concentrated in the younger grades, with the steepest drop coming from kindergartners. According to the data, which analyzed enrollment at 70,000 public schools, more than 340,000 kindergartners were no-shows.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/thousands-kindergartners-no-show-putting-futures-risk
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
After last year's muddle, add in required jabs and/or masks, and I have little doubt there will be considerably less enthusiasm for sending kids off to be indoctrinated.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Why would missing out on kindergarten put one's future at risk?

Offline Smokin Joe

I don't know. I was 5 when I started first grade. Never went to kindergarten.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

I don't know. I was 5 when I started first grade. Never went to kindergarten.

Same here.  Finished high school at 17.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

Same here.  Finished high school at 17.
Me, too.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Kindergarten wasn't a big deal when I was of school age.  I started school when I was 6 and graduated high school when I was 17.

Now they have preschool (3 yrs), pre-kindergarten (4 yrs) and kindergarten (5 years).  I see most of this as babysitting classes so parents can work or do whatever. They claim that these classes help with social skills.

Kids can get socialization through other means; parks, playgrounds, church groups, library groups, neighborhood kids, cousins, etc.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

Kindergarten wasn't a big deal when I was of school age.  I started school when I was 6 and graduated high school when I was 17.

Now they have preschool (3 yrs), pre-kindergarten (4 yrs) and kindergarten (5 years).  I see most of this as babysitting classes so parents can work or do whatever. They claim that these classes help with social skills.

Kids can get socialization through other means; parks, playgrounds, church groups, library groups, neighborhood kids, cousins, etc.
Yep. We had taught one of our granddaughters her letters, numbers, shapes and colors by 4, and her mom put her in Head Start, where they told her she could not know what she did, and almost convinced her of that. She didn't go back to Head Start after that. It is all designed to pick 'winners and losers' from the git go, and to be a babysitter for the losers. It's part of the State as your family, from cradle to grave that the totalitarians crave.
Such conformity will be the end of human innovation and usher in a Soviet style system all coglets in the hive mind.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Yep. We had taught one of our granddaughters her letters, numbers, shapes and colors by 4, and her mom put her in Head Start, where they told her she could not know what she did, and almost convinced her of that. She didn't go back to Head Start after that. It is all designed to pick 'winners and losers' from the git go, and to be a babysitter for the losers. It's part of the State as your family, from cradle to grave that the totalitarians crave.
Such conformity will be the end of human innovation and usher in a Soviet style system all coglets in the hive mind.

I read to both of my kids as soon as they were born and to my grandkids. All the kids had a favorite story which they wanted read to them over and over again and again. I was surprised when my grandson could recite the story when I pointed to the words.  I thought that he had just memorized the story. I changed books and he was actually putting letters together to make sounds and he was reading very simple words and stories by the time he was three.

IMO, it's simply taking the time to teach them period.  The schools can't give that one on one attention that IMO is so needed in the earliest years.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

Sending a child to public school puts his or her future at risk. Risk of illiteracy, general ignorance and indoctrination.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

Sending a child to public school puts his or her future at risk. Risk of illiteracy, general ignorance and indoctrination.

:amen:  Truth!

Online mountaineer

My older brother taught me to read by the time I was 3. I remember being in kindergarten when the teacher asked me to read a story to the other kiddies. Sure, okay. While I was busy with that, she ran out and got a bunch of other teachers to witness the spectacle. Eventually, I looked up and saw a small crowd of adults gaping at me.  :silly:

About two weeks into first grade, which they called B1, the school advanced me a semester to A1, and in the spring semester they skipped me ahead again, so I completed first and second grades in one year.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 10:54:50 am by mountaineer »

Offline Smokin Joe

My older brother taught me to read by the time I was 3. I remember being in kindergarten when the teacher asked me to read a story to the other kiddies. Sure, okay. While I was busy with that, she ran out and got a bunch of other teachers to witness the spectacle. Eventually, I looked up and saw a small crowd of adults gaping at me.  :silly:
My older brother taught me to read before I went to school, likely 4 or 5 (I don't recall). When I got to first grade at 5, I could read the primers fluently and hated to wait while other kids plodded through, hung up on words I could read at a glance. (Kids get bored easily--at least I did). Mom and Dad were always there it seemed to read a story, too, or have us read it with them. All that makes a huge difference.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 10:52:11 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

888high58888     I went to school and came home and made my 3 year old brother play school. I made him sit down and we had daily classes ... lol ... he was multiplying by the time he hit kindergarten. 

It's amazing what kids can learn at home.

That is the one silver lining that I see from this whole pandemic mess. Some kids are being home schooled and not educated and brainwashed by the liberal school system.

Online mountaineer

Some kids are being home schooled and not educated and brainwashed by the liberal school system.
I sure hope so.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

After we got divorced, my ex-wife kept my son out of school for Kindergarten and 1st Grade.  He was bright, but he had to catch up, and it took all the way to 12th Grade to get close to being even.  I had to seize custody to get it done, because the State would have taken him into Foster had I not done that.

You can't hold a kid back two grades, you end up with an 18-year-old Freshman in High School.  Just one would also be pretty bad.

Those are very important grades.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

After we got divorced, my ex-wife kept my son out of school for Kindergarten and 1st Grade.  He was bright, but he had to catch up, and it took all the way to 12th Grade to get close to being even.  I had to seize custody to get it done, because the State would have taken him into Foster had I not done that.

You can't hold a kid back two grades, you end up with an 18-year-old Freshman in High School.  Just one would also be pretty bad.

I attended Catholic school and they didn't even have Kindergarten there.  :shrug:. First grade was the level we started. 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 02:43:08 am by libertybele »

Offline LegalAmerican

My brother and I came to America, when I was 6, he 8. They put us both in first grade.  Within a few weeks, he was put in 3rd grade.  We did NOT speak the language nor know the customs.  I.e. Everyone laughing, when someone got hurt.  Strange to us.  He graduated with straight 4.O.  ALL   A'S.  Was Valedictorian of his class, became a doctor. 

Parents are saving their children's lives, from NOT NEEDED VACCINES and masks. Also, we are still dealing with COMMOM CORE...which is nasty and about alternative life style.  Masturbation in class,  is taught and more.

Offline LegalAmerican

After last year's muddle, add in required jabs and/or masks, and I have little doubt there will be considerably less enthusiasm for sending kids off to be indoctrinated.

:bingo: :thumbsup:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
OMG! Missing out on CRT and learning how to masturbate is going to put their future at risk? Well I say OUTSTANDING! I think that families across America should either home school individually or like minded in groups. To hell with the public school destruction of Americas children, screw the unions too, so of course I expect the democrats to do their best to make home schooling illegal.

Offline libertybele

OMG! Missing out on CRT and learning how to masturbate is going to put their future at risk? Well I say OUTSTANDING! I think that families across America should either home school individually or like minded in groups. To hell with the public school destruction of Americas children, screw the unions too, so of course I expect the democrats to do their best to make home schooling illegal.

Distance learning is available....basically Google Duo where kids learn from their teachers on line.  That could possibly be mandated but even at that an involved parent could censor.

Due to the panic the left has created for the time being it would be difficult to eliminate home schooling altogether.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Distance learning is available....basically Google Duo where kids learn from their teachers on line.  That could possibly be mandated but even at that an involved parent could censor.

Due to the panic the left has created for the time being it would be difficult to eliminate home schooling altogether.
Sure distance learning is available and pretty much proven to be a failure, even my very liberal DIL who is a MFT and mental health counselor in one of our larger school district admitted that the word was distance learning had put our children two years behind, and we saw it in our own grandson. My daughter has already decided that if they push masks or vaccination for school she will pull him and homeschool.