Author Topic: What are the alternatives to Pay Pay?  (Read 333 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What are the alternatives to Pay Pay?
« on: August 13, 2021, 11:11:15 pm »
I was defrauded by a Chinese company that pulled the old "bait and switch" scam,and  used PP "Pay in Four Payment Plan",knowing that PP would refund my money.

I would like to say they didn't,but it gets worse than that. The Chinese refunded my $4 (After offering to refund me $40 in an email and I turned it down),so PP closes the case in their favor last week and informs me the incident is over.

Guess what? They just gave the Chinese another $24.xx payment today on the same case.

It seems inpossible to message with a human case worker these days. It is just one robot responder after another.

Even though I have an excellent credit rating there,I have had enough. I am NOT upset enough I want to give out my actual bank account numbers to random sellers on the web,though.

Anyone have any suggestions for another service that acts as a middle-man?

BTW,here is the deal. The Chinese were offering brand new 4x4 riding mowers with "tub" bodies,a roll cage,huge mud tires,brush shields,windshield,and a 22 HP Briggs and Stratton gasoline engine.

For $98.96,total price.

Yeah,I did expect a bait and switch from the beginning,but then figured they would be forced to refund my money and I could sic the Federal Trade Commission on them. That alone I figured would be worth the money I spent in entertainment value.

What I  got in the mail was a hand held battery-powered weed whacker. When I complained about this,they apologized and said the manufacturer was out of riding mowers,and would I accept this in exchange if they gave me a $40 refund,which I turned down. They then gave my PP account a 4 dollar refund,and PP closed the case.

Well,I went to the FTC web page and filed a bait and switch complaint 2 weeks ago,and am still waiting on them to respond.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 11:18:03 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!