Author Topic: Hyten: To counter hypersonic missiles DoD needs ‘overhead sensors that see everything’  (Read 130 times)

rangerrebew

Hyten: To counter hypersonic missiles DoD needs ‘overhead sensors that see everything’
by Sandra Erwin — August 11, 2021

Hyten warned that the speed and maneuverability of modern hypersonic and advanced cruise missiles threaten to change the global balance of power

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. — Sensors in space that can detect and track hypersonic missiles should be at the top of DoD’s wish list, Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. John Hyten said Aug. 11.

“I would like to have overhead sensors that see everything, characterize everything that goes on on this planet from a missile perspective, all the time, everywhere,” Hyten said in a speech at the Space and Missile Defense Symposium.

Hyten, a career space and missile defense officer who grew up in Alabama, has been a regular keynoter at the SMD conference. This was his last appearance as a military leader as he is scheduled to retire in November. .0

https://spacenews.com/hyten-to-counter-hypersonic-missiles-dod-needs-overhead-sensors-that-see-everything/

rangerrebew

Cool.  How many more pairs of spying eyes will be needed? By the time those sensors see anything hypersonic, it would seem it's already too late.  Anyway, how quickly will they be able to cut through the military redundancy to get to a decision maker and report the info?  To me, the sensor seems like the easy part. :pondering:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sumpin' tells me that most of those super-powerful "eyes in space" will be focused mostly upon potential "domestic terrorists" right here at home...

rangerrebew

Sumpin' tells me that most of those super-powerful "eyes in space" will be focused mostly upon potential "domestic terrorists" right here at home...

Ya think? 888blackhat