Author Topic: 'The momentum is going one way': Taliban gaining ground faster than U.S. expected  (Read 249 times)

rangerrebew

'The momentum is going one way': Taliban gaining ground faster than U.S. expected
Courtney Kube and Chantal Da Silva and Mushtaq Yusufzai
Thu, August 12, 2021, 7:16 AM·3 min read

The Taliban are gaining ground faster than the U.S. military expected, three defense officials told NBC News, as the militant group makes sweeping advances across Afghanistan.

In the span of days, Taliban fighters have overrun a string of provincial capitals as part of a major offensive launched after American and international troops began to pull out of the country in May.

https://news.yahoo.com/momentum-going-one-way-taliban-085900220.html
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 11:19:29 am by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

The US women's soccer team would do a better job than the Afghan. Army at protecting their country. :tongue2:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Biteme's regime is saying the Taliban will control the country in a month.  I'll bet my eyeteeth it's a lot shorter than that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

BassWrangler

The US women's soccer team would do a better job than the Afghan. Army at protecting their country. :tongue2:

I'm all for sending the US women's soccer team there to see.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I watched a TV news report yesterday that said the Biden Administration thought it would only be a matter of months before the Taliban tookover all of Afghanistan.

I laughed so hard, my eyes teared up.

That is a really special kind of stupid.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I watched a TV news report yesterday that said the Biden Administration thought it would only be a matter of months before the Taliban tookover all of Afghanistan.

I laughed so hard, my eyes teared up.

That is a really special kind of stupid.

Biteme misspelled the word "days."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This is what happens when you believe your own bs and think you hold galaxies together with your bare hands because of your special genius.

The rest of us would be laughing if it wasn't so serious.
The Republic is lost.