Author Topic: Joe Biden Weighs Mandating Vaccines for Interstate Travel  (Read 1074 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Weighs Mandating Vaccines for Interstate Travel
« on: August 13, 2021, 04:00:06 pm »
Joe Biden Weighs Mandating Vaccines for Interstate Travel

Wendell Husebø 13 Aug 2021

President Joe Biden is weighing vaccines mandates for interstate travel, according to the Associated Press (AP) on Thursday.

“Still, while more severe [coronavirus] measures — such as mandating vaccines for interstate travel or changing how the federal government reimburses treatment for those who are unvaccinated and become ill with COVID-19 — have been discussed,” the AP writes, “the administration worried that they would be too polarizing for the moment.”

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1426157601075703808

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/13/joe-biden-vaccines-interstate-travel/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Re: Joe Biden Weighs Mandating Vaccines for Interstate Travel
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 04:10:28 pm »
US Constitution

Article I, Section 9

The migration or importation of such persons as any of the states now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a tax or duty may be imposed on such importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each person.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 04:13:26 pm »
1. I don't think the "Interstate Commerce" clause covers me visiting relatives or friends in another state.

2. Is LIEden stoooooopid enough to imagine the Feds could set up roadblocks on every highway and road that crosses a state line?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 04:13:49 pm »
Under what legal authority?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2021, 04:31:45 pm »
Freedom of movement is a fundamental Constitutional right:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_movement_under_United_States_law

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2021, 02:13:03 am »
Himself.  He believe himself a god.

In article
For instance, Biden told churchgoers April 1, they were being ungodly if they did not become vaccinated. “I think this is the godly thing to do. Protect your brother and sister,” he said. “That’s what this is about. It’s about protecting people.”
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2021, 02:32:16 am »

By the legal authority of a country club pr**k.

Shoot 'em thru to door baby!
The Republic is lost.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2021, 05:41:43 am »

He knows it's illegal, just like the rent moratorium.  He doesn't care, and nor do 81 million dumbasses.  The courts would strike it down ... eventually.  Meanwhile a terrible precedent is set.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Biden blasted over report of 'vaccine passport' for interstate travel
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2021, 12:36:46 pm »
WND by Art Moore 8/13/2021

Administration floats new COVID measures amid worry they might be polarizing

A report that the Biden administration is discussing the possibility of vaccine passports for interstate travel drew outrage on Friday across social media.

The Associated Press, noting President Biden has become more "aggressive" in his push for COVID-19 mandates, reported "more severe measures — such as mandating vaccines for interstate travel or changing how the federal government reimburses treatment for those who are unvaccinated and become ill with COVID-19 — have been discussed" by the White House.

But the administration is "worried that they would be too polarizing at this time."

An administration official told the AP "the interstate travel vaccination requirement was not under consideration at the moment."

The wire service added: "That's not to say they won't be implemented in the future, as public opinion continues to shift toward requiring vaccinations as a means to restore normalcy."

More: https://www.wnd.com/2021/08/outrageous-biden-blasted-report-vaccine-passport-interstate-travel/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Biden blasted over report of 'vaccine passport' for interstate travel
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2021, 12:49:09 pm »
Requiring a vaccine for travel will not restore normalcy.

It will entrench abnormalcy.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2021, 01:19:35 pm »
Well,it WILL help kill the economy,so you KNOW they are going to go for it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2021, 01:40:27 pm »

Arguably - just to play devil's advocate - under the theory that interstate travel is an activity that makes use of the instrumentalities of interstate commerce - i.e., traveling on the roads that cross state lines - and therefore since the federal government can regulate the use of the instrumentalities of interstate commerce, they can dictate who can, and who cannot, use them, and therefore they can condition use of the interstate roads on being vaccinated.

Of course, that argument really proves too much because the intrastate portions of the highways are also a component part of the instrumentalities of interstate commerce, and therefore if an individual uses an instrumentality of interstate commerce - i.e., a roadway whose right-of-way eventually crosses a state line, or an intrastate roadway that is necessary to the functioning of the interstate roadways - then that individual is also subject to regulation under the interstate commerce clause, and accordingly, under the interstate commerce clause, the federal government can mandate vaccines for any person who travels anywhere other than on his/her own private driveway.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2021, 02:03:23 pm »
But I'm not being sold over a state line. I'm not going somewhere else to work (well, not so far this year, anyway). I'm not shipping goods. It isn't commerce if I'm not doing business.

This is overreach. The cliche we had as kids referring to the gestapo was a demand for "papers". Are we going to go there, here, for citizens, while illegals get a pass?

Besides, any medical record is protected under HIPAA.
A HIPAA violation is a failure to comply with any aspect of HIPAA standards and provisions detailed in detailed in 45 CFR Parts 160, 162, and 164. ... Failure to implement safeguards to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of PHI.

Either it ends up in court, and public record (individuals' medical information) or it does not and then we go to the Due Process clause.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 02:05:47 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2021, 02:43:12 pm »
But I'm not being sold over a state line. I'm not going somewhere else to work (well, not so far this year, anyway). I'm not shipping goods. It isn't commerce if I'm not doing business.

This is overreach. The cliche we had as kids referring to the gestapo was a demand for "papers". Are we going to go there, here, for citizens, while illegals get a pass?

Besides, any medical record is protected under HIPAA.
Either it ends up in court, and public record (individuals' medical information) or it does not and then we go to the Due Process clause.

The argument is that you are making use of the instrumentalities of interstate commerce, and that is sufficient.

I'm not advocating one way or the other - so please no flaming - just setting out the argument.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2021, 02:49:19 pm »
The argument is that you are making use of the instrumentalities of interstate commerce, and that is sufficient.

I'm not advocating one way or the other - so please no flaming - just setting out the argument.
Similarly, the argument can be posited that growing tomatoes in your garden affects interstate commerce.

It's pushing the limits of an already over regulated clause designed to prevent states from imposing tariffs and duties on each other.

C S Lewis

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2021, 02:55:44 pm »
I don't see how he would enforce it or how we would properly document vaccine status. I know several people who have already lost their card.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2021, 02:58:08 pm »
Similarly, the argument can be posited that growing tomatoes in your garden affects interstate commerce.

It's pushing the limits of an already over regulated clause designed to prevent states from imposing tariffs and duties on each other.

Yes, that would be the Wickard v. Filburn argument.

And that's the risk of drafting a legal provision that is broader than strictly necessary.  Also, the states were prohibited from imposing import or export duties and tariffs under Art. I, Sec. 10, so it cannot be the case that the Commerce Clause, which appears in Art. I, Sec. 8, was only intended to accomplish the same result.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2021, 03:00:21 pm »
Yes, that would be the Wickard v. Filburn argument.

And that's the risk of drafting a legal provision that is broader than strictly necessary.  Also, the states were prohibited from imposing import or export duties and tariffs under Art. I, Sec. 10, so it cannot be the case that the Commerce Clause, which appears in Art. I, Sec. 8, was only intended to accomplish the same result.
I think part of it goes back to establishing weights and measures and keeping the post roads open, too.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2021, 03:07:48 pm »
I think part of it goes back to establishing weights and measures and keeping the post roads open, too.

I believe that's a separate clause under Art. I, Sec. 8; specifically, the clause that reads:  "To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;"

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2021, 03:25:26 pm »
I believe that's a separate clause under Art. I, Sec. 8; specifically, the clause that reads:  "To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;"
https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution-conan/article-1/section-8/clause-3/power-to-regulate-commerce

Boy, has that clause been repeatedly reinterpreted...

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2021, 03:29:39 pm »
State Line Checkpoints? 

Yeah, that's really going to help the traffic situations.  :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2021, 03:33:03 pm »
State Line Checkpoints? 

Yeah, that's really going to help the traffic situations.  :silly:
Pretty well guaranteed to make everything more expensive, not to mention all those emissions from the vehicles in line...

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2021, 03:37:41 pm »
Pretty well guaranteed to make everything more expensive, not to mention all those emissions from the vehicles in line...

Breeching the laws of unintended consequences has never been a dimocratic strong suit.

Kind of shocked the CDC didn't bar code these suckers for inventory and quick processing
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2021, 03:37:56 pm »

@Smokin Joe

MORE justification for banning private ownership of vehicles and forcing people into mass transportation.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2021, 03:47:49 pm »
@Smokin Joe

MORE justification for banning private ownership of vehicles and forcing people into mass transportation.
The problem with that, is there is no mass transport from where I am to where I would be going.

C S Lewis