Author Topic: The infrastructure bill is in for a very bumpy road to get to Biden’s desk  (Read 112 times)

Offline corbe

The infrastructure bill is in for a very bumpy road to get to Biden’s desk

AUG. 12, 2021 6:00 PM BY THE RIGHT SCOOP

I would have thought that because the Democratic Senate passed the infrastructure bill, that it’d be on Biden’s desk faster than he could sniff a kid. But that’s clearly not the case because Pelosi wants the other, even more irresponsible infrastructure bill passed in the Senate:

DAILY CALLER – Now that the Senate has passed the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, the difficult part begins for House Democrats.

In the past few weeks, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has pledged not to consider the infrastructure package on the House floor until the Senate passes another massive $4 trillion spending bill through a process known as budget reconciliation. This process is not subject to the Senate’s 60-vote rule to end debate and only requires a simple majority to pass the budget resolution and reconciliation bill.

However, Sinema has said she will not support a $4 trillion budget reconciliation bill, while Democrat Sens. John Tester , Mark Kelly, Joe Manchin and others continue to hide their true feelings about this fiscally irresponsible budget proposal.

We need Sinema not only to stick to her common-sense instincts and oppose this multi-trillion dollar piece of legislation, but for her to encourage her colleagues to do the same. In fact, “common sense” may be what tanks the $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill, as well as the $4 trillion budget reconciliation bill.
Boy wouldn’t that be terrific if Pelosi’s obstinance was the reason the 1.2 trillion infrastructure bill died and never made it to Joementia’s desk!

<..snip..>

https://therightscoop.com/the-infrastructure-bill-is-in-for-a-very-bumpy-road-to-get-to-bidens-desk/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Personally, I hope the POS falls into the biggest pothole ever seen by man never to return!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34