Author Topic: Biden Pulls a Trump Card – Rare Breed FRT-15 Trigger Now Classified as a Machine Gun  (Read 730 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Truth About Guns by Travis Pike -August 13, 2021

Biden Pulls a Trump Card – Rare Breed FRT-15 Trigger Now Classified as a Machine Gun

The agency famous for once declaring a shoe string a machine gun has now targeted Florida-based company Rare Breed Triggers. An ATF letter to Rare Breed is floating around social media stating that the FRT-15 trigger has been classified as a machine gun under the National Firearms Act and that Rare Breed needs to cease and desist sales of the FRT-15 and contact the ATF within five days to develop a plan to address those machine guns already distributed.

The ATF concluded the Rare Breed triggers to be a combination of parts designed and intended to convert a semi-automatic weapon into a machine gun. The ATF’s examination found that the Rare Breed trigger allows a firearm to “shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, with a single continuous pull of the trigger.”

ATF Goes Rogue on the FRT-15

The ATF must’ve rolled an above 15 on their D20 and decided it’s time to go rogue once again. The FRT-15 does not seem to meet the definition of a machine gun, but then again, neither did bump stocks.

More: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/biden-pulls-a-trump-card-rare-breed-frt-15-trigger-now-classified-as-a-machine-gun/

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I watched a video on this trigger and one fellow (cameraman) said "There is no way this is gonna last".... and he was right. I didn't like the fact it was hard to just squeeze off one shot (seemed it always wanted to double up). Plus it was priced out of my range $$ anyhoo. Technically it was one one squeeze per shot, but it sure made it easy to pull that next shot.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
ATF Determines That The Rare Breed FRT-15 Trigger is A Machine Gun

Ammoland Inc. Posted on August 13, 2021 by John Crump

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/08/atf-determines-that-the-rare-breed-frt-15-trigger-is-a-machine-gun/

From Rare Breed Triggers current lawsuit:

23. In other words, ATF may promulgate and enforce rules under this section of the United States Code, but ATF has no authority to change the Code or the Code’s definition of what constitutes a “machinegun”.

On August 3, 2021, Rare Breed Triggers, LLC and Mr. Maxwell filed a lawsuit against Attorney General Merrick Garland, the Department of Justice, the ATF, ATF Acting Director Marvin Richardson, and Special Agent in Charge (SAIC) Craig Saier of the Tampa Field Division. The case was brought in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida Orlando Division. The court denied an ex parte (emergency) temporary restraining order and set a court date of August 18.

Rare Breed is asking the court to rule that the FRT-15 is not a machine gun. The company argues that a machine gun is defined by a single function of a trigger and not how fast a gun can fire. The company also claims that the ATF doesn’t have the authority to change the definition of a machine gun under the Gun Control Act.

The company claims that the FRT-15 is not an auto sear. Rare Breed states that its trigger just speeds up the reset of a trigger and functions like any other semi-automatic firearm. The operations the company list for a semi-automatic gun is Firing, Unlocking, Extracting, Ejecting, Cocking, Feeding, Chambering, and Locking.

The lawsuit list four experts that Rare Breed consulted on the legalities of the FRT-15. Dan O’Kelly is one of the legal experts that the company consulted and is a former ATF agent that has acted as an expert witness in multiple court cases. Rick Vasquez is a retired ATF employee from FATD. He has also worked with the gun industry on compliance issues since leaving the Bureau.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
NOT being a fan of MG's to start with,I wouldn't put one of those things in any of my rifles if you paid me. I spent too much time humping huge loads of ammo up and down mountains to be doing much spraying and praying.

With the exception of ambushes at VERY close range (the only kind of amush there is),I have less than zero use for a full-auto firearm.

Having said that,they and the people who buy them are pretty much harmless. The typical street thug would just end up shooting holes in the sky,and the other people would rarely even shoot them. Have you seen ammo prices recently? You would have to be wealthy to shoot one,even IF you could find the ammo.

The BATF understand this at every level below headquarters in DC,where they understand nothing at all but pleasing Senators.

It is nothing but a scare tactic the BATF uses to fire up the Gomers.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The FRT-15 Trigger doesn't convert a rifle into a machine gun. You still have to pull/depress the trigger once for each round fired. What it does do is allows the action to "Reset Faster". That means you don't have to relax/withdraw your finger on the trigger as far before you can press the trigger again to fire the next round. My Sig P229 actually has 2 separate reset points. And the trigger pull for the next round acts differently depending on which reset point I use.

Not a "Machine Gun".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The FRT-15 Trigger doesn't convert a rifle into a machine gun. You still have to pull/depress the trigger once for each round fired. What it does do is allows the action to "Reset Faster". That means you don't have to relax/withdraw your finger on the trigger as far before you can press the trigger again to fire the next round. My Sig P229 actually has 2 separate reset points. And the trigger pull for the next round acts differently depending on which reset point I use.

Not a "Machine Gun".

@Elderberry

Ok,thanks for the correction. Like I wrote,I have zero use for anything like that,so my actual knowledge of what is available is right at zero.

I like my rifles to be accurate. If one isn't,I would make it accurate back in the old days when I was still able to work on them and had the patience. These days I will just sell an inaccurate rifle,even if I lose money selling it. There just ain't no room in my house for an inaccurate rifle.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Not a "Machine Gun".

@Elderberry

BTW,is there ANY mechanical device LESS useless than a machine pistol?

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
@Elderberry

BTW,is there ANY mechanical device LESS useless than a machine pistol?

I'd have to say a "Broken Pistol". But I have no experience with machine pistols. One of my Navy Buds had full auto Mac-10. He had a habit of tapping the end of the barrel with his finger. He always wanted to put a silencer or even a dummy silencer on it so He wouldn't shoot the tip of his finger off some day. His brother had a full auto silenced Mac-11 that was his concealed carry weapon he carried in a shoulder holster.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'd have to say a "Broken Pistol". But I have no experience with machine pistols. One of my Navy Buds had full auto Mac-10. He had a habit of tapping the end of the barrel with his finger. He always wanted to put a silencer or even a dummy silencer on it so He wouldn't shoot the tip of his finger off some day. His brother had a full auto silenced Mac-11 that was his concealed carry weapon he carried in a shoulder holster.

@Elderberry

That wannabe Rambo will shoot up half a neighborhood if he ever gets scared enough to pull it. What a freaking dingbat!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
@Elderberry

That wannabe Rambo will shoot up half a neighborhood if he ever gets scared enough to pull it. What a freaking dingbat!

Back then he was a Fla Dade Co. Policeman. One day after his shift he was driving the freeway and heard on the radio about a robbery and the described car passed him. He tried to get them to pull over, but they ran. So he raked their car with his Mac-11. They pulled right over after that. And he didn't shoot anybody.

One strange family. They had lived for years in South American as their father was an ambassador. And their dad had the fear put into him, so they had guns within an arm's reach every where. Even in the shower.