Author Topic: Social Security cost-of-living adjustment could be 6.2% in 2022  (Read 132 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

KEY POINTS
Social Security’s annual cost-of-living adjustment for 2022 could be the highest it’s been in years.
Based on the latest consumer price index data, beneficiaries could see a 6.2% boost next year.
The preliminary estimate is subject to change before next year’s adjustment is officially calculated.

New consumer price index data points to a possible 6.2% cost-of-living adjustment for Social Security recipients for 2022, according to the latest estimate from The Senior Citizens League.

That’s up from a 6.1% estimate the nonpartisan senior advocacy group projected last month.

Social Security’s annual COLA is calculated each year based on the Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers, or CPI-W.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/11/social-security-cost-of-living-adjustment-could-be-over-6-percent-in-2022.html
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 04:37:23 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Social Security cost-of-living adjustment could be 6.2% in 2022
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 04:37:05 pm »
I'm sure that wasn't in the actuarial calculations for the alleged Social Security Trust Fund.  That's kicked can is as far down the road as they hoped.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Social Security cost-of-living adjustment could be 6.2% in 2022
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 04:38:52 pm »
KEY POINTS
Social Security’s annual cost-of-living adjustment for 2022 could be the highest it’s been in years.
Based on the latest consumer price index data, beneficiaries could see a 6.2% boost next year.
The preliminary estimate is subject to change before next year’s adjustment is officially calculated.

ew consumer price index data points to a possible 6.2% cost-of-living adjustment for Social Security recipients for 2022, according to the latest estimate from The Senior Citizens League.

That’s up from a 6.1% estimate the nonpartisan senior advocacy group projected last month.

Social Security’s annual COLA is calculated each year based on the Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers, or CPI-W.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/11/social-security-cost-of-living-adjustment-could-be-over-6-percent-in-2022.html
Guaranteed that if the COL is 6% the increase for Medicare will be 5% or more 9999hair out0000