Author Topic: Senate Unanimously Votes Against Defunding The Police  (Read 117 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Unanimously Votes Against Defunding The Police
« on: August 12, 2021, 02:24:38 pm »
Senate Unanimously Votes Against Defunding The Police
 Martin Walsh August 12, 2021

The U.S. Senate has unanimously approved an amendment to its proposed budget that opposed defunding the police.

Alabama Republican Sen. Tommy Tuberville introduced an amendment as part of the Senate’s “vote-a-rama,” where they had a marathon session during consideration of Democrats’ $3.5 trillion budget.

Members were allowed to offer unlimited amendments during the session.

Tuberville introduced a bill to get Democrats on record about whether they do or don’t support “defunding the police.”

The amendment passed 99-0, which means that Democrat Senators are on record voting that they are against “defunding the police.”

This likely won’t play well with progressives and the more radical wing of their party.

“My amendment is pretty simple,” Tuberville said on the Senate floor. “If your city council wants to defund their police, don’t expect the federal government to make up the difference.”

more
https://conservativebrief.com/senate-unanimously-48080/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Senate Unanimously Votes Against Defunding The Police
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 03:47:35 pm »
As far as I am aware, the only police that the Congress funds is the Capitol Police, which recent news suggest it is equipping to become the National Police Force.

What other police force do they fund directly?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington