Author Topic: Republican Senators Fight to Amend Many Far-Left Provisions in $3.5T Reconciliation Package  (Read 472 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republican Senators Fight to Amend Many Far-Left Provisions in $3.5T Reconciliation Package

Wendell Husebø 10 Aug 2021

Republican Senators are fighting to amend far-left provisions in the Democrat budget, which is the vehicle for the $3.5 trillion reconciliation package.

Sen. Mitch McConnell’s (R-KY) amendments include prohibiting tax cuts for wealthy liberals, measures to stop catch and release of coronavirus-infected migrants, and alterations to spending items such as national defense, school openings, and abortion:

https://twitter.com/mikedebonis/status/1425094468550733828

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/10/republican-senators-far-left-provisions-reconciliation-package/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Doesn't Mitch understand the democrats won the last election, by hook or by crook?  Mitch needs some strong NeverTrumper therapy!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online libertybele

I didn't bother to read the article.  I read the headline. Nothing more than smoke and mirrors to make it look like the GOP is actually opposing this package .... I'm not buying it. Along with Mitch they will cave.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Note to Mitch the Democrat's Bitch:  You just threw away any chance of fixing this train wreck when you pushed to pass the insane "infrastructure" bill.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Killer Clouds

Republican Senators Fight to Amend Many Far-Left Provisions in $3.5T Reconciliation Package

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Either way I call BS!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
They could have done all that if they had voted 'no' the first time.
The Republic is lost.

Online andy58-in-nh

They could have done all that if they had voted 'no' the first time.

Someone around here once said "the purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party".

Yup.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online libertybele

Note to Mitch the Democrat's Bitch: You just threw away any chance of fixing this train wreck when you pushed to pass the insane "infrastructure" bill.

Amen! He's a SOB!!!!  He's 79 .... hoping he'll step down.  Term limits!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Either way I call BS!

Just declare b.s.!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
Someone around here once said "the purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party".

Yup.

What just ticks me off about so many of them is they are like "yep, we got to get down to business, roll up our sleeves, work together across the aisle, come up with something bipartisan, the American people expect us to do something, blah blah, blah blah blah blah."

And every time, the Dems use 'em and screw 'em.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

The question is "How long will they fight?"  As long as amendments continue to be raised, they cannot call for a final vote.  If each Republican Senator can come up with 10 amendments, that is 500 different resolutions that have to be read in full on the Senate floor before moving on.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

The question is "How long will they fight?"  As long as amendments continue to be raised, they cannot call for a final vote.  If each Republican Senator can come up with 10 amendments, that is 500 different resolutions that have to be read in full on the Senate floor before moving on.

How long will they fight and how many will fight?? 

We need a miracle folks. 

Offline bilo

I didn't bother to read the article.  I read the headline. Nothing more than smoke and mirrors to make it look like the GOP is actually opposing this package .... I'm not buying it. Along with Mitch they will cave.

They already have.

It's clear that 19 "Pub" Senators rather side with the Rats and the swamp when they passed the "Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill". The only question on the reconciliation bill will be what the Senate parliamentarian says can be put in it.

I just need to know who of the "no good 19" is running for re-election, so I can contribute to their primary opponent.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online libertybele

They already have.

It's clear that 19 "Pub" Senators rather side with the Rats and the swamp when they passed the "Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill". The only question on the reconciliation bill will be what the Senate parliamentarian says can be put in it.

I just need to know who of the "no good 19" is running for re-election, so I can contribute to their primary opponent.

Nineteen Republicans joined Democrats in voting for the bipartisan infrastructure deal on Tuesday. They are:

Roy Blunt of Missouri
    Richard Burr of North Carolina
    Bill Cassidy of Louisiana
    Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia
    Susan Collins of Maine
    Kevin Cramer of North Dakota
    Mike Crapo of Idaho
    Deb Fischer of Nebraska
    Lindsey Graham of South Carolina
    Chuck Grassley of Iowa

John Hoeven of North Dakota
    Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky
    Lisa Murkowski of Alaska
    Rob Portman of Ohio
    Jim Risch of Idaho
    Mitt Romney of Utah
    Dan Sullivan of Alaska
    Thom Tillis of North Carolina
    Roger Wicker of Mississippi

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/10/politics/republican-senators-voted-infrastructure-bill/index.html

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Republican Senators Fight...

I stopped reading right there.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

Nineteen Republicans joined Democrats in voting for the bipartisan infrastructure deal on Tuesday. They are:

Roy Blunt of Missouri
    Richard Burr of North Carolina
    Bill Cassidy of Louisiana
    Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia
    Susan Collins of Maine
    Kevin Cramer of North Dakota
    Mike Crapo of Idaho
    Deb Fischer of Nebraska
    Lindsey Graham of South Carolina
    Chuck Grassley of Iowa

John Hoeven of North Dakota
    Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky
    Lisa Murkowski of Alaska
    Rob Portman of Ohio
    Jim Risch of Idaho
    Mitt Romney of Utah
    Dan Sullivan of Alaska
    Thom Tillis of North Carolina
    Roger Wicker of Mississippi

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/10/politics/republican-senators-voted-infrastructure-bill/index.html

Grassley is the only one that I see that may be running in 2022.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
Grassley is the only one that I see that may be running in 2022.

I'll be supporting his primary opponent, whoever that is.
The Republic is lost.

Online DB

Just more of the same.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Some people demand that beating on Republicans will solve our problems, except it was much practiced last election, and being its been like driving a high speed car off a cliff.  Has it been so successful that we need to stay the course and double down on trashing Republicans giving democrats a pass?  Remember the lieing deniers insist it doesn't matter giving democrats a pass and trashing Republicans because we will win that way.  From the last election to now, it clearly looks like a psych-op to con gullible fools into investing in america's demise.  It been a severe ongoing train wreck, but blind yourselves and play the fool until the nation collapses.  Dr Kevorkian medicine on a ship of sinking fools.  Like co-vid they are hardcore determined to shove this down Americas throat, their poison pills 'cure's.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online roamer_1

PREDICTION: Republicans will 'save' $200-500B and take a victory lap. Watch and see.