Author Topic: CDC Reports False COVID Data for Florida and Leaves Major Questions  (Read 383 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

The CDC has been turned into a dithering, incoherent mess under Joe Biden — to the extent that it hasn’t always been that at some level. But the politics being injected into bureaucracy have certainly reached a level not previously seen. RedState has chronicled many of the CDC’s twists and turns (and outright corruption at times), but this one may take the cake.

Yesterday, the CDC reported Florida’s COVID data, something that is part of a normal cycle after a weekend, claiming that the Sunshine State saw over 28,000 new cases on Sunday. That would have been a record high, and it helped drive another round of anti-Florida media coverage.

The problem? The CDC’s reporting was false.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/08/10/cdc-reports-false-covid-data-for-florida-and-leaves-major-questions-n423911
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

Re: CDC Reports False COVID Data for Florida and Leaves Major Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 01:03:08 pm »
The CDC "accidentally" combined the counts from two days into one.  Sure, "accidental".  They have apparently become compulsive liars, having to lie for no reason other than the fact that they are congenitally predisposed against the truth.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 01:28:30 pm »
DeSantis has faired well considering so many are after his scalp.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 02:00:22 pm »
What was done here is that two days were combined into one to make one big number for Sunday that wasn’t actually the number for Sunday. Here are the true numbers which show a decrease over the three days in question.
(Embedded Tweet)
This leaves a lot of questions to be asked. Was this an honest mistake? I suppose that’s possible, but it’s hard to ignore that the White House and CDC are currently locked in battle with Gov. Ron DeSantis over mask mandates. Joe Biden himself has gone after DeSantis, claiming he’s “standing in the way” of stopping COVID despite the fact that the governor’s approach is to preserve the rights of parents. In other words, it’s the opposite of standing in the way of anything.

The FL Health Department, not the CDC caught the error, and "expects" the CDC will correct the error. Given the degree of Covid-politicization in the current Federal gooberment and the Dems' MSM-shills, I doubt the CDC will be that honest, not for a bogey-state like Florida.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 02:02:32 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 02:34:05 pm »

The CDC "accidentally" combined the counts from two days into one.  Sure, "accidental".  They have apparently become compulsive liars, having to lie for no reason other than the fact that they are congenitally predisposed against the truth.
It is the same as 'racist incidents'. If there are none, which blows the Leftists' entire reason for being, then they simply make them happen themselves. If there are not enough COVID cases to bring about the Third Reich in America, then the Left simply makes them up.

Anything is justified if it is "for the cause!"
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 04:42:41 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 03:11:57 pm »
I think that the root of the problem is that the people who work for the CDC are germophopes,and at heart,would love to see everyone living in containment suits. It has nothing to do with politics,it's just their nature.

And then the pols take advantage of their hangups,and turn it political.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2021, 03:22:46 pm »
I think that the root of the problem is that the people who work for the CDC are germophopes,and at heart,would love to see everyone living in containment suits. It has nothing to do with politics,it's just their nature.

And then the pols take advantage of their hangups,and turn it political.

I think there's a little bit of that there, as well as a bit of the issue that they only have a hammer - a certain strained type of medical training - so every problem becomes a nail - solvable only through a medical intervention mandated by that strained type of medical training.

We came face-to-face with the fact that American medical training is a strange subspecies of the overall genre when we talked to a doctor in the hospital who had been trained, and done is early years of practice, in Eastern Europe (he was by now an older gentleman).  His view on things, including illnesses (it was my FIL's last illness), was much more pragmatic, and less hyper-technical than the American-trained doctors.  He was also the first doctor to say in so many words that my FIL was actively dying at the time because he was beginning to undergo multiple organ failure.  In other words, he was honest, and wasn't trying to push yet another hyper-technical medical "solution" on us to try and eke out the last little iota of life for my FIL.  That little talk from him was the most helpful of all because it made it clear that that was the time to get my FIL into hospice.