Author Topic: Biden Aims To Downplay Inflation As Government Pushes More Big Spending Bills  (Read 118 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Aims To Downplay Inflation As Government Pushes More Big Spending Bills

Shelby Talcott
Senior White House Correspondent
August 11, 2021 4:56 PM ET

President Joe Biden downplayed inflation concerns and touted his plans for the country during Wednesday remarks about his Build Back Better agenda.

Biden brought up recently released economic reports, specifically pointing to one on inflation that shows the consumer price inflation for July is still extremely high but has slowed. Despite the slower increase, prices are still on an upward trend in what’s become the quickest rise since August 2008.

“Jobs are up and monthly price increases have come down. Economic growth is up – the fastest in 40 years – and unemployment is coming down. So I would argue that the Biden economic plan is working,” Biden declared Wednesday.

The president admitted that Americans are feeling rising consumer costs and announced various efforts aimed at easing “the burden on families.” Biden promised to “keep a careful eye on inflation each month” and urged the country to “trust” the Federal Reserve “to take appropriate action” if necessary.

Biden said his administration plans to target what “major players are doing” that are “keeping prices higher than they need” to be. This initiative includes an executive order intended to help boost competition for agriculture, CNN noted.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/08/11/joe-biden-downplays-inflation-build-back-better-agenda/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

From the article…

Biden said his administration plans to target what “major players are doing” that are “keeping prices higher than they need” to be.

In other words, it’s everyone else’s fault
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

So they'll start a witch hunt for price "gougers" and, when they realize that there is no such thing, they'll turn it into nationalization of the economy on the ground of systemic price gouging.  Fullbore controlled economy.

Offline LMAO

I predict that the issues that we are concerned about now, inflation, rising crime, Southern border crisis, etc will still be major issues come 2024
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
While eating dinner, I caught a glimpse of the news. Announcing prices skyrocketing at the grocery stores and gas pump (no schitz). They can't blame this on Trump, nor can they blame the Republicans.

Wait till the infrastructure bill and all the crappola in it hits....stolen elections have consequences.  BIGLY!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
LMAO posted:
"Biden said his administration plans to target what “major players are doing” that are “keeping prices higher than they need” to be."

Comrades, let's say it plainly:
We will eventually be forced to resort to price controls to prevent greedy capitalists from milking the proletariat dry.

(only WE have the authority to do that!)