Author Topic: DeSantis' banging on Biden inflates his 2024 stature among GOP voters  (Read 747 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: DeSantis' banging on Biden inflates his 2024 stature among GOP voters
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2021, 05:50:22 pm »
I'm okay with voting for DeSantis for POTUS...so long as he endorses Pres. Trump's economic and energy policies and wears himself out appearing together.

Prove to us that he's the one to take the baton from "The Outsider", who did in 3 years, what even Reagan couldn't do, in terms of economic growth for the same term.

I've been watching DeSantis hoping to reach your conclusion @DCPatriot   But the opposite is happening.

I used to think the way he mimics Trump's policies, positions and mannerisms were endearing and a positive.  Now it's starting to creep me out --- so much so I'm growing uncomfortable with him on the ticket even in the number 2 spot. 

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2021, 09:27:32 pm »
@GtHawk

I would hang my head in shame for insiting on the original,not a career Republican substitute,but I am shameless.
Kind of gets tiresome always being Charlie Brown to some RRINO Lucy. Time will tell if Trump or someone else, morae time for DeSantis to prove his mettle too!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2021, 09:41:02 pm »
I've been watching DeSantis hoping to reach your conclusion @DCPatriot   But the opposite is happening.

I used to think the way he mimics Trump's policies, positions and mannerisms were endearing and a positive.  Now it's starting to creep me out --- so much so I'm growing uncomfortable with him on the ticket even in the number 2 spot.

@Right_in_Virginia DeSantis' handling of the unemployment surge during the pandemic was absolutely shameful and he spent a ton of money on upgrading the computer system and also hiring additional employees; none worked. People still haven't received full benefits (and never will).  Also, same with rental assistance.  Money was given by the Feds that were supposed to go to the owners of the properties; reports are coming out that only about 20% of those who were supposed to get funds actually have received them.  Where do all that $$ go??

My next issue with him is that he authorized the head of the Dept. of Health to quarantine, vaccinate and treat anyone who is seen as a health threat to the community. He's coming across now as anti-mask, anti-lockdown, etc. 

He's new to politics so there's no record to actually check.  He seems conservative enough, but I'm just not sold on the guy. He's making headaches for the leftists, yet they're not really going after him even though the MSM is proclaiming he's the GOP golden boy for 2024.  If the left isn't going after him (and maybe they eventually will), why?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2021, 10:58:09 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia DeSantis' handling of the unemployment surge during the pandemic was absolutely shameful and he spent a ton of money on upgrading the computer system and also hiring additional employees; none worked. People still haven't received full benefits (and never will).  Also, same with rental assistance.  Money was given by the Feds that were supposed to go to the owners of the properties; reports are coming out that only about 20% of those who were supposed to get funds actually have received them.  Where do all that $$ go??

My next issue with him is that he authorized the head of the Dept. of Health to quarantine, vaccinate and treat anyone who is seen as a health threat to the community. He's coming across now as anti-mask, anti-lockdown, etc. 

He's new to politics so there's no record to actually check.  He seems conservative enough, but I'm just not sold on the guy. He's making headaches for the leftists, yet they're not really going after him even though the MSM is proclaiming he's the GOP golden boy for 2024.  If the left isn't going after him (and maybe they eventually will), why?

He should switch parties to the DCP and then you'd like him much better.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2021, 01:39:30 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

Maybe I've not been paying enough attention...haven't seen anything that caused me concerns.

My point here too is that I think Pres. Trump has already shown the way to get it done, and there's really no logical reason for him to want to go thru it again for such an ungrateful nation.

Pass the baton.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2021, 01:48:11 pm »

You are like a broken record on picking your nits.  Just go Vote for Nikki Freid or Chuck the Cue-tip Crist.

I'll stick with Ron.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2021, 01:43:37 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Maybe I've not been paying enough attention...haven't seen anything that caused me concerns.

My point here too is that I think Pres. Trump has already shown the way to get it done, and there's really no logical reason for him to want to go thru it again for such an ungrateful nation.

Pass the baton.

Trump's not thinking of an "ungrateful nation".  He's thinking of the nation he loves and the 75+ million Americans who were robbed of an election and are being robbed now of their inheritance.

"Pass the baton" is sophistry--- more a reflection of the bone-weariness of those making the suggestion than long-term political strategy.  The roots of the MAGA movement, while strong, are young and shallow.  Many will not respond to the baton in new hands and to the joy of the GOP --- the movement will end.

2022 is the battle for the soul of the Republican Party.  McConnell, McCarthy, every NT and GOP Presidential hopeful know every vote for a MAGA candidate will be cast with one eye on building a firewall around President Trump in his second term.  Passing the baton as a mantra gurantees a lower turnout in 2022 and 2024 ---- few will care what happens to the tub after the baby is thrown out with the bathwater.

POTUS45 has said, many times, he has made a decision for 2024.  He can't formally announce his candidacy until after the 2022 elections or it screws up maximizing contributions for 2024 under campaign finance laws.

This chapter in the American story has taught me why patience is a virtue.    happy77

@DCPatriot

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2021, 03:18:53 pm »
Trump's not thinking of an "ungrateful nation".  He's thinking of the nation he loves and the 75+ million Americans who were robbed of an election and are being robbed now of their inheritance.

"Pass the baton" is sophistry--- more a reflection of the bone-weariness of those making the suggestion than long-term political strategy.  The roots of the MAGA movement, while strong, are young and shallow.  Many will not respond to the baton in new hands and to the joy of the GOP --- the movement will end.

2022 is the battle for the soul of the Republican Party.  McConnell, McCarthy, every NT and GOP Presidential hopeful know every vote for a MAGA candidate will be cast with one eye on building a firewall around President Trump in his second term.  Passing the baton as a mantra gurantees a lower turnout in 2022 and 2024 ---- few will care what happens to the tub after the baby is thrown out with the bathwater.

POTUS45 has said, many times, he has made a decision for 2024.  He can't formally announce his candidacy until after the 2022 elections or it screws up maximizing contributions for 2024 under campaign finance laws.

This chapter in the American story has taught me why patience is a virtue.    happy77

@DCPatriot

@Right_in_Virginia   @DCPatriot

I honestly believe the people behind and pushing the "Pass the Baton movement" are the RINO's and their DNC Butt-buddies who DESPERATELY need a career politician running for the Republican nomination because they know they can control him or her.

Trump can NOT be controlled by the career traitors in either branch of the Dim Party,and THAT is why they hate and fear him so much.

REGARDLESS of who the career Republican nominee would be,the RINO's and their DNC butt-buddies can control them via the party Good Old Boy maniluptations.

Trump can't be controlled by either party. THAT is why America needs him. BOTH branches of our ruling party are destorying America for their own personal benefits. We either start filling seats with outsiders who don't owe any favors and who can't be blackmailed,or we lose America.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2021, 06:01:30 pm »

Despite what Liz Cheney and Mitch McConnell think...Donald Trump has changed the Republican Party forever.

A snap of his fingers and 75 MILLION Republican voters and ever-increasing millions of Democrats are going to pay attention.

The Democratic Party is headed for disaster in the mid-terms. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2021, 06:51:51 pm »

Despite what Liz Cheney and Mitch McConnell think...Donald Trump has changed the Republican Party forever.

A snap of his fingers and 75 MILLION Republican voters and ever-increasing millions of Democrats are going to pay attention.

The Democratic Party is headed for disaster in the mid-terms.

I want the GOP headed for disaster in the mid-terms, too, not just the Democrats.

@DCPatriot

@sneakypete

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2021, 06:54:20 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia   @DCPatriot

I honestly believe the people behind and pushing the "Pass the Baton movement" are the RINO's and their DNC Butt-buddies who DESPERATELY need a career politician running for the Republican nomination because they know they can control him or her.

Trump can NOT be controlled by the career traitors in either branch of the Dim Party,and THAT is why they hate and fear him so much.

REGARDLESS of who the career Republican nominee would be, the RINO's and their DNC butt-buddies can control them via the party Good Old Boy manipulations.

Trump can't be controlled by either party. THAT is why America needs him. BOTH branches of our ruling party are destorying America for their own personal benefits. We either start filling seats with outsiders who don't owe any favors and who can't be blackmailed,or we lose America.

Trump needs another term --- unleashed --- to cement the movement he's begun @sneakypete   God help the lowlifes if they rob us of this.