Author Topic: Mileage Tax Hell  (Read 104 times)

rangerrebew

Mileage Tax Hell
« on: August 11, 2021, 03:53:03 pm »

Mileage Tax Hell

One reason that less than 10 percent of the $1.2 trillion “infrastructure” bill is earmarked for fixing roads and bridges may stem from another insidious provision of the bill intended to make those same roads and bridges unnecessary.

Tucked away in the 2,700-page bill is a provision for a pilot program to tax motorists by the number of miles they drive. At first glance, this provision may seem like a reasonable idea.

Road repair is supposed to be funded by federal and state gas taxes. The federal gas tax is 18 cents per gallon, and state gas taxes range from Alaska’s 14 cents to California’s 61 cents per gallon. Those gas taxes may be insufficient to maintain and expand roads, bridges, and related infrastructure. No one is debating that.

https://junkscience.com/2021/08/mileage-tax-hell/#more-105771

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Mileage Tax Hell
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 10:03:32 pm »
Link sent to friends on another site. The comment about the UN leads me back to ICLEI, all part of the UNs Agenda 21 and why we have bulbous flowerpots at the ends of blocks in the Downtown (loss of two parking spaces/block and cause of untold accidents) and roundabouts famous for winter wrecks.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 10:07:07 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis