Author Topic: Mitch McConnell Strategy: Force Democrats to ‘Finance’ $3.5 Trillion ‘Infrastructure’ Plan  (Read 131 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mitch McConnell Strategy: Force Democrats to ‘Finance’ $3.5 Trillion ‘Infrastructure’ Plan

Wendell Husebø 10 Aug 2021

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell stated Monday his strategy to stop the Trojan horse reconciliation package is to force Democrats to “finance” the $3.5 trillion plan.

“Democrats have all the existing tools they need to raise the debt limit on a partisan basis. If they want 50 lock-step Democratic votes to spend trillions and trillions more, they can find 50 Democratic votes to finance it,” McConnell said from the Senate floor.

“If they don’t want Republicans’ input, they don’t need our help,” he continued.

A Republican shutout would force Democrats to own the massive spending at a time when inflation is reaching historic highs, hurting consumers, and punishing those who have saved cash.

But Democrats could take the gamble, passing both the infrastructure bill and the reconciliation package by sticking to their guns and funding the measures without Republican support.

Some senators appear willing to move forward despite McConnell’s efforts.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/10/mcconnell-strategy-force-democrats-to-finance-3-5-trillion-plus-infrastructure/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Mitch, since when have Democrats paid for anything with their own money?  They'll pay for it with other people's money.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Talk is cheap Cocaine Mitch.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That's odd.

I honestly though that Mitch the Bitch supported it?

It will be VERY interesting to see if the Dims change a period or don't dot an "i" on the final bill and see if he supports it then because "they made fundamental changes in the bill".

He is a lot of things,but neither he nor his Chinese wife are stupid.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!