Author Topic: Census experts puzzled by high rate of unanswered questions  (Read 778 times)

Offline mortarman

Re: Census experts puzzled by high rate of unanswered questions
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2021, 01:50:01 am »
The only questions that need to be answered on a census poll should be:

1: Name
2: Address
3: Age
4: Gender (only choices male/female [birth gender, not assumed])
5: Citizenship status

An' if any of those questions are not answered the questionnaire should be declared invalid an' not counted.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2021, 02:17:25 am »
@skeeter

Only because the left has taught them to believe they vick-tums ob racism.

I have got to be honest,here. I grew up in a city with the black section of town only a block away,and had great good fun as an child of 8 to 10 or so,meeting the black kids at the city storage yard for gravel a block or two away,and using the "N word" and throwing rocks at them.

I can't remember at this late date what the current slur for kracka was back then,but I am certain the black kids had just as much fun calling us by that name,and throwing rocks at us.

It's just the kind of stupid crap that kids do,and didn't mean a thing.

By the time I was 17 and joined the army everybody was just people to me,with some being different colors than others. Of course I knew and understood there were cultural differences,but I truly didn't give a squat. If you treated me good,I treated you good. If you treated me bad,I tried to teach you the error of your ways,and your skin color was irrelevant.
kids call each other names. At least they used to. They picked out a difference or distinguishing characteristic and went to town. I had a horrendous overbite and caught hell for it. These days we’ve been conditioned to believe nothing could possibly be worse but calling each other names based on race was just another way to abuse each other, no better or worse.

You accepted it and tried to give as good as you got. The worse thing you could do was complain about it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 02:20:55 am by skeeter »

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2021, 01:44:45 am »
AND........,chances are it became a "Mexican name" because decades ago some Hungarian immigrated to Mexico and married a Mexican woman. After a few generations,it IS a "Mexican name" in Mexico.

Like the comedian Louis CK.
He is the offspring of a Jew from Hungary who moved to Mexico where he married a Catholic girl from Michigan.
I wonder how the census records his nationality?

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2021, 01:46:20 am »

He is the offspring of a Jew from Hungary who moved to Mexico where he married a Catholic girl from Michigan.

The left cancelled him so he must be white! 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2021, 01:47:15 am »

@unite for individuality

I dunno,but after having seen his act a few times,I am guessing he has some fun with it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2021, 02:37:48 am »
I answered some sort of online survey yesterday and referred to myself as Caucasian and Native American. Not that I have any "American Indian" blood, but since I was born in the U.S., I consider myself a native.  :whistle:
Right. My people were here before the Revolution, reckon that makes me a "Native American", too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2021, 02:40:04 am »
The left cancelled him so he must be white!
Nah, any one they consider to be from a minority who makes fun of the Left is cancelled, because they aren't really (pick an ethnicity).

Besides, the Left is all over that identifying stuff.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2021, 03:32:36 am »
Nah, any one they consider to be from a minority who makes fun of the Left is cancelled, because they aren't really (pick an ethnicity).

Besides, the Left is all over that identifying stuff.

True.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.