Author Topic: Vaccine-resistant lambda variant is in the US  (Read 372 times)

Offline libertybele

Vaccine-resistant lambda variant is in the US
« on: August 07, 2021, 09:07:14 pm »
There will always continue to be variants to the COVID virus.  Many reports are coming out saying that the vaccines don't prevent transmission, so, why is it so surprising that this variant is resistant to the vaccines??? 

A new coronavirus mutation known as the lambda variant that is thought to have increased resistance to vaccines has appeared in the United States.

Also known as C.37, the lambda variant was first discovered in Peru in November 2020. Peru has been one of the countries hit hardest by the pandemic, with 595 COVID-19 deaths per 100,000 people, the highest in the world. Peru has relied heavily on the Chinese vaccine known as Sinopharm, which is 79% effective at preventing hospitalizations. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are 94% effective against hospitalization.

The lambda variant has since spread to eight countries in South America and 41 countries around the world, according to global science initiative GISAID.

“There are currently more than 1,300 Lambda (C.37) sequences in the U.S. as of August 4, 2021, and the Lambda variant has been identified in 44 states,” a spokesperson with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently told Newsweek............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/vaccine-resistant-lambda-variant-us-193100413.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Vaccine-resistant lambda variant is in the US
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 09:11:42 pm »
 :yawn2:

No shits given

Virus gonna mutate. I's how they roll.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 09:23:15 pm »
Gee willikers!!! WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!
Unless we all wear 4 masks, hide in our basements, and only vote for Democrats in the next mail-in election.
It's the super-dooper double whammy Covid plus-plus!

But seriously ... who didn't see this coming?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 09:27:12 pm »
:yawn2:

No shits given

Virus gonna mutate. I's how they roll.

A couple of thoughts. Yes viruses mutate (though this one seems to be mutating quickly). Since there are reports that there are those who are vaccinated still getting the virus, I'm thinking that the vaccines are actually weakening the natural immune response.

There are now more and more children getting the virus. Could it be possible that the parents who have gotten the vaccine are now passing the virus onto their kids?? Reports are showing that the vaccines don't stop transmission. We were also told that our youth were not susceptible to getting the virus -- that is obviously proving to be wrong.

There are too many unknowns with the vaccines and if the current vaccines aren't stopping the spread and the virus has already mutated and formed a resistance, then I'm leaning towards the vaccines being pretty much worthless if not detrimental by lowering the body's natural immune system.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2021, 09:32:30 pm »
Gee willikers!!! WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!
Unless we all wear 4 masks, hide in our basements, and only vote for Democrats in the next mail-in election.
It's the super-dooper double whammy Covid plus-plus!

But seriously ... who didn't see this coming?

IMO the Super Duper Double Whammy variant is being caused by inadequate vaccines that are doing nothing more than lowering the body's natural immunity.  If that's the case, then yes, more and more people are going to continue to die, not because the new strains are more powerful, but because so many of the population have gotten vaccinated with a vaccine that lowers the body's ability to ward off the virus.

That's the reason for the gov't, CDC and WHO pushing for everyone to get vaccinated...just my opinion here.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 09:36:26 pm »
This is the Delta Variant.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2021, 09:47:26 pm »
This is the Delta Variant.

...and they are drinking the magic elixir to keep it from spreading.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2021, 11:15:32 pm »
... When asked whether vaccinated people are worried about the government continuing lockdowns, mask mandates, and closing schools if we don’t get enough people vaccinated, Makary said, “Well, look, there’s been over 1,000 variants.

“We track them very closely on an international website called nextstrain.org, and you can go on there and see that of the -- all the variants out there, over 1,000. The immunity that we have is entirely encompassing,” Makary said.

“So the idea that there’s going to be a new variant that’s gonna emerge - by the way, the bar gets higher the more contagious the current variant is - that it’s going to somehow change the game, I think it's unfair. Dr. Fauci alluded to it yesterday. I think it was really an unfair projection as to what’s going to happen. Delta will be with us for a long time, because it has out-competed the other variants out there,” he said.   ...
Dr. Marty Makary: ‘Those Who Are Unvaccinated Pose No Risk to the Vaccinated Beyond That of a Common Cold’ .
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2021, 11:47:12 pm »

Offline art.prout

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2021, 11:49:40 pm »
Lambda, blah blah blah.

*****rollingeyes*****

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2021, 11:45:23 pm »
...and they are drinking the magic elixir to keep it from spreading.

That reminds me...I still have Canadian Whiskey left over in a flask from ths big GOP picnic we attended last weekend. We had a blast and I got some casual face time with Sonny Borrelli. A great guy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2021, 11:47:43 pm »
Lambda, blah blah blah.

*****rollingeyes*****

Lambda is the promised "Gonna kill us all Plague!!"  I dunno, it sounds gay.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2021, 11:51:47 pm »
Dr. Marty Makary: ‘Those Who Are Unvaccinated Pose No Risk to the Vaccinated Beyond That of a Common Cold’ .
If it is more contagious, then it should spread quickly, people either acquire immunity through the jab or exposure, and it should burn out. I would think the less contagious, slower spreading forms, would be around longer.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2021, 11:52:18 pm »

They'll be pushing this as a reason why everyone should be vaccinated.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2021, 11:52:42 pm »
As long as Fauci remains the authoritarian king of the virus, we will continue to be lied to.
When we run out of Greek letters, which alphabet is next?

(asking for a friend....)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis