Author Topic: Kevin Durant, Draymond Green call out media after gold medal win: 'You are an American, too. Act lik  (Read 345 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kevin Durant, Draymond Green call out media after gold medal win: 'You are an American, too. Act like it”
ESPN analyst Kendrick Perkins was among the most notable critics

By Paulina Dedaj | Fox News

Newly crowned Olympic gold medalist Kevin Durant and Draymond Green fired back at the media on Saturday for a lack of support in Tokyo following a rough start, telling the critics: "You are an American, too. Act like it."

Team USA narrowly defeated France 87-82 in the gold medal match to earn America’s fourth consecutive gold in the event. The U.S. has long dominated the sport, winning 16 titles in 19 appearances, but Tokyo hadn’t started off the way the American’s had hoped.

After losing both exhibition matches and the Olympic opener against France, the U.S. fought its way through the group stages to advance to the knockout round but doubt had set in before the U.S. set foot in Tokyo.

ESPN analyst Kendrick Perkins was among the most notable critics.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/kevin-durant-draymond-green-media-gold-american-act-like-it
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

... Green addressed the issue further during his post-game press conference, calling out the media in general.

"You turn on American sports talk TV, and you got guys like Kendrick Perkins, you know, doubting us. Somebody needs to teach these people some loyalty. How about you cheer for your country? But then when guys don't play, 'Oh, you need to go represent the country.' And then you lose, hit a little bump in the road. And everybody's, 'Oh, everybody's caught America.' You are an American, too. Act like it."  ...
:beer:

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

On a happier note, Americans took gold in men's and women's golf. Both are the offspring of naturalized citizens.

Xander Schauffele - with a German father and Japanese mother - and Nelly Korda - whose parents are Czech tennis stars Petr Korda and Regina Rajchrtova - outperformed the field in very difficult conditions. Xander's father said after his son's victory that he knew he made the right decision in moving to the USA.

Offline mountaineer

John Cardillo
@johncardillo
I’ll congratulate #TeamUSA Basketball when they apologize for coddling thugs, bashing cops, kneeling for the anthem, and insulting the nation that made them wealthy.

Until they do that, they can f*ck off.
2:14 PM · Aug 7, 2021·

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
After seeing "BLM" plastered all over NBA courts last season, sorry if my "give-a-shit" meter even moves  after anything these pukes say.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

After seeing "BLM" plastered all over NBA courts last season, sorry if my "give-a-shit" meter even moves  after anything these pukes say.
True. Both Durant and Green were all too willing to festoon themselves with BLM slogans.

Offline Kamaji

John Cardillo
@johncardillo
I’ll congratulate #TeamUSA Basketball when they apologize for coddling thugs, bashing cops, kneeling for the anthem, and insulting the nation that made them wealthy.

Until they do that, they can f*ck off.
2:14 PM · Aug 7, 2021·

Amen to that

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I don't watch pro-basketball so really do not even know the players.

Is Durant part of an English rock group and Draymond getting his name from an Aerosmith song?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 12:59:23 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington