Author Topic: SEA-AIR-SPACE NEWS: Milley Compares Urgency of Modernization to Interwar Period  (Read 76 times)

rangerrebew

SEA-AIR-SPACE NEWS: Milley Compares Urgency of Modernization to Interwar Period
8/2/2021
By Meredith Roaten
Gen. Mark Milley

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. — Comparing today’s innovations to the sea change in military technology between World War I and World War II, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said the Defense Department must modernize in a number of areas or risk suffering extremely high casualties in the next great power conflagration.

Long-range fires, 5G communications technology, hypersonic weapons, microelectronics, space, cyber, artificial intelligence, shipbuilding and nuclear systems are some of the capabilities that the Pentagon will need to advance and leverage as it faces a potential conflict against advanced adversaries like China, Gen. Mark Milley said Aug. 2 at the Navy League’s annual Sea-Air-Space conference in National Harbor, Maryland.

The last time the military failed to master new technological advances after World War I, the loss of life in the next war was on “a scale that’s difficult to fathom," he said.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2021/8/2/milley-compares-urgency-of-modernization-to-interwar-period

rangerrebew

Does he mean like segregated boot camps and work places, to insure racist, angry whites, don't infect innocent blacks?  Does he think everyone should try gay sex so they can see the beauty of LGBTQ love?  I'll bet he wants people to walk or ride horses whenever possible to fight global warming.  Giving service medals for picking up trash, helping old ladies across the street, and giving a smile to the enemy in need?  Building a kinder and gentler military? tri22