Author Topic: Wealthy Americans Are Renouncing Citizenship In Record Numbers  (Read 812 times)

Offline The_Reader_David

Re: Wealthy Americans Are Renouncing Citizenship In Record Numbers
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2021, 02:18:29 am »
It wouldn't be happening if, like every other country on the face of the globe, except Eritrea, the US didn't tax foreign-source income earned while residing abroad.  The rich would stay US citizens and live as expats wherever they fancied, paying personal taxes where they live.

Somehow being in a club whose only other member is a little African Stalinist hell-hole is not something we should be happy about.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2021, 12:59:23 pm »
Not if they decide to confiscate (steal) 401 k's. I'll take my chances.

@catfish1957

Well,the Chicoms would never even dream of confiscating property/wealth from someone else. Good call!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2021, 01:57:12 pm »
@catfish1957

Well,the Chicoms would never even dream of confiscating property/wealth from someone else. Good call!

Weighing the options of an imminent threat versus a potential one?  I'll opt toward caution every time.

And BTW, I've paid $1.7M to the IRS in my lifetime, and my government is $30T in debt?

You've gone off on the silly train man.....
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 02:00:37 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline art.prout

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2021, 06:59:23 pm »
Watched Tucker Carlson this last week, haven't you?   :cool:
If forced (aka 401K confiscation), I've had my eye on Australia or NZ. Gun laws suck though.

Yes, I noticed that!

Don't know about migrating in to Australia, but I hear that it is really tough to get accepted into NZ.

Offline art.prout

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2021, 07:01:00 pm »
Hungary allows dual citizenship so being the child of two Hungarian citizens I could become a Hungarian citizen without jumping through the normal hoops. Of course I have no wealth to speak of so no reason to run.

You are fortunate.  You may need to emigrate there someday just to live a "normal" life as you may be accustomed.   :shrug:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2021, 07:21:24 pm »
Yes, I noticed that!

Don't know about migrating in to Australia, but I hear that it is really tough to get accepted into NZ.

You are right, they must have tightened up recently.  I am close to not making the age 65 requirement
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2021, 08:15:47 pm »
Not complicated; it's a vote of NO CONFIDENCE!!!
Bet many are shocked, SHOCKED!!!