Author Topic: Save the Penguins!  (Read 139 times)

rangerrebew

Save the Penguins!
« on: August 07, 2021, 01:31:05 pm »

Save the Penguins!

Kip Hansen

News Brief by Kip Hansen – 4 August 2021

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (US FWS) apparently thinks federal policy should be based in single, speculative studies that claim to predict the future.  In this case, Martha Williams, principal deputy director of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service, said in a statement:

“The decisions made by policymakers today and during the next few decades will determine the fate of the emperor penguin.” During an announcement that US FWS was proposing listing the Emperor Penguin under the protections of the Endangered Species Act.

Catrin Einhorn, a journalist for the The New York Times says, erroneously, that “The penguins live much of the year on Antarctic sea ice, which is disappearing or breaking apart because of the heat-trapping gases released by humans’ use of fossil fuels. The penguins need the ice to breed, raise their young and escape predators.”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2021/08/04/save-the-penguins/

rangerrebew

Re: Save the Penguins!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 01:32:14 pm »
It seems to me if "global warming" isn't harming polar bears, it follows it isn't harming penguins, either. :pondering:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 02:02:09 pm »
Probably taste like Chicken.  Only a little fattier.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 08:22:22 pm »
Why can't they just get the damn thermostat set right! In February it was all about the Antarctic sea ice expansion :thud:

http://www.antarcticglaciers.org/glaciers-and-climate/changing-antarctica/antarctic-sea-ice/

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2021, 09:16:10 pm »

Probably taste like Chicken.  Only a little fattier.
@catfish1957

An Emperor penguin being skinned on board the Endurance.

Hearty Penguin Steaks: the Old-School Explorers' Salve for Scurvy

Imagine you’re in Antarctica. It’s cold. You’re cold. Your joints ache, old wounds are reopening to ooze pus, and your teeth loosen, threatening to fall out one or two at a time. What do you feel like eating? How about “a piece of beef, odiferous cod fish and a canvas-backed duck roasted together in a pot, with blood and cod-liver oil for sauce?”

If this sounds delicious, then your stomach serves you well. That’s how famous polar explorer Frederick Cook described the taste of penguin meat, and that is how you cure yourself of scurvy in Antarctica when fresh vegetables are nowhere to be found. Fresh meat—lightly cooked or raw—contains vitamin C, whose deficiency causes scurvy and the delightful symptoms described above.

Unfortunately for turn-of-the-century Antarctic explorers, most expedition leaders were not as enlightened as Cook and many a man succumbed to scurvy. Unfortunately for Antarctica’s penguins, they were also easy prey for the men who did eat them. “Long lines of curious penguins marched across the ice and right into camp, which almost always meant death as dog food, human food, or fuel for the boiler. A stew of penguin heart and liver became a crew favorite,” describes Jason C. Anthony in a paper on Antarctic cuisine in the Heroic Age in Endeavour.

(more)
https://www.discovermagazine.com/health/hearty-penguin-steaks-the-old-school-explorers-salve-for-scurvy

Penguins are unusually loaded with an extreme amount of various vitamins, primarily because of their exclusively seafood diet. So much vitamin A and D that with eating too much penguin a human could overdose on it. But yes, it used to be common to eat penguins while exploring near Antarctica.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.