Author Topic: Philly sheriff calls AR-15, shotgun, pistols ‘high-powered artillery weapons’  (Read 810 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by Ryan Morgan  August 06, 2021

Last Friday, Philadephia Sheriff Rochelle Bilal described an AR-15 style rifle, a double-barreled pump-shotgun and two 9mm handguns as “high-powered artillery weapons” as she described her office’s work in capturing those four firearms while arresting 37 area fugitives in police raids.

At a press conference reported by the Philadelphia Inquirer, Bilal stood behind a table with the AR-15 style rifle and four fully loaded magazines, the double-barreled shotgun loaded with 10 rounds, one 9mm handgun loaded with 13 rounds and another 9mm handgun.

“These are very high-powered artillery weapons, and this is why this city keeps fighting for gun control,” Bilal said. “Why are these type of weapons in our city? No war is going on. Why?”

“We want to find out how they’re bringing these guns in so we can stop that,” Bilal continued.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/08/philly-sheriff-calls-ar-15-shotgun-pistols-high-powered-artillery-weapons/

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Deys juz two much stoopid runnin round out dere!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Reckon he never heard of a 155, much less naval assets.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Reckon he never heard of a 155, much less naval assets.

@Smokin Joe 

SHE.That creature is a SHE.

Offline skeeter

This is what results when people vote based upon gender and/or skin color only.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@skeeter

Expect more of it. It's like a run-away train. There just ain't no stopping it.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

Expect more of it. It's like a run-away train. There just ain't no stopping it.
No there isn't. American Marxist brainstems are forcing us to ride their race baiting train all the way to perdition.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Affirmative action hire. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Totally unrelated (or... perhaps it's not). Some street scenes from Philadelphia.
Watch as little or as much as you choose:
(gives you an idea where this "Rochelle" is comin' from...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSofG_4OrkU

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Totally unrelated (or... perhaps it's not). Some street scenes from Philadelphia.
Watch as little or as much as you choose:
(gives you an idea where this "Rochelle" is comin' from...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSofG_4OrkU

@Fishrrman

And every single damn one of them is drawing welfare and food stamps.

And voting Dim every single election,whether they know it or not.

Am I the only one that remembers when these people were arrested and put into either jail or rehab lockups to get them clean?

And the ones who refused to remain clean and became frequent fliers,either went into mental institutions or prison?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 10:00:16 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Fishrrman

And every single damn one of them is drawing welfare and food stamps.

And voting Dim every single election,whether they know it or not.

Am I the only one that remembers when these people were arrested and put into either jail or rehab lockups to get them clean?

And the ones who refused to remain clean and became frequent fliers,either went into mental institutions or prison?
No Pete, you aren't the only one who remembers.

There have always been street people, but I don't recall seeing them that thick or messed up in places I have been (Baltimore, DC, NYC, Chicago, Denver, Houston), but in those days, they were mostly winos not junkies. I have been avoiding major urban areas for decades, whenever possible.

Sure, this is a rip-roaring source of Dem "voters", half the people in that video would sell their mom for a fix, so getting their name to put on a registration form would not be tough, and from there, the Dems would take care of the rest. Give them the numbers and they'll vote for them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

She seems completely unfamiliar with firearms. What the heck do they teach in the police academy (assuming she even attended)?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Typical statement by a a Liberal. They call shotguns rifles, they call any rifle an 'assault weapon' not based on how it performs, but solely based on how it 'looks'. Liberals, the people currently trying to control firearms in America, do not have a single clue what a gun is.

This would be like putting someone in charge of all nuclear plants in America who has never seen a nuclear plant and does not even know what they do. Same thing.

If Liberals want to discuss various firearms then that is Great. As long as they give the job to someone who at least knows which end of the gun to point at the bad guy.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No Pete, you aren't the only one who remembers.

There have always been street people, but I don't recall seeing them that thick or messed up in places I have been (Baltimore, DC, NYC, Chicago, Denver, Houston), but in those days, they were mostly winos not junkies. I have been avoiding major urban areas for decades, whenever possible.

Sure, this is a rip-roaring source of Dem "voters", half the people in that video would sell their mom for a fix, so getting their name to put on a registration form would not be tough, and from there, the Dems would take care of the rest. Give them the numbers and they'll vote for them.

@Smokin Joe

I lived in Denver for most of the 70's. The last place I lived,I paid $70 a month rent for a furnished apartment with off-street parking,and utilities as a part of the deal. It probably wasn't the best of neighborhoods. Gunfire at night wasn't unusual,and I was one of the very few residents who didn't speak or understand Spanish. Still,I had VERY few problems with any of the locals,and after the first 2 or 3 times,no trouble at all. Sticking a 12 gauge 18inch barrel inside a homie's ear just ONE time and promise to blow his motherloving head clear off his shoulders if he beeps that horn just "one more time" seems to do the trick. It being after midnight,and in a snowstorm with me being out in the road with nothing on but my drawers,t-shirt,and Ithaca pump probably helped seal the deal that I was serious. Never saw or heard of that guy again,so I guess his main squeeze had to find herself a new homie. Well,I did hear from him one more time. He seems to have circled the block to give me a chance to get back inside,then came roaring down the street beeping his horn from one end to the other before disappearing,never to be heard from again.

ANYHOW,the point being that even in THAT neighborhood there were no homeless people living or wandering around on the sidewalks. If you wanted to see homeless people,you pretty much had to go downtown in the daytime,or in a city park at night.

Now it seems they have taken over sections of Colfax Avenue. It must REALLY suck to have a business on a street where these parasites hang out because you KNOW their presence hurts your foot traffic and sales. Yet you still have to pay the same rent,utility,and tax bills,plus interest on the stock you bought on credit.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 12:17:51 am by sneakypete »