Author Topic: Florida OKs school vouchers in districts requiring COVID-19 masks  (Read 342 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Man oh Man. DeSantis is chewing gum and kicking the Teachers Unions and School boards asses.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Florida’s Board of Education approved an emergency rule Friday that will allow private school vouchers if parents feel their children are being harassed by a school district’s COVID-19 safety policies, including mask requirements.

The parents could request the vouchers under provisions that are usually used to protect children who are being bullied.

"‘COVID-19 harassment’ means any threatening, discriminatory, insulting, or dehumanizing verbal, written or physical conduct an individual student suffers in relation to, or as a result of, school district protocols for COVID-19, including masking requirements, the separation or isolation of students, or COVID-19 testing requirements, that have the effect of substantially interfering with a student’s educational performance," the rule reads.

The meeting was scheduled a week after Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis ordered the department to come up with ways of having school districts that mandate mask-wearing provide other alternatives for parents, saying they had the legal right to make decisions about their children’s health and education.
https://www.fox13news.com/news/florida-education-board-considers-re-routing-state-funds-from-bullied-students-to-students-who-oppose-masks

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Florida OKs school vouchers in districts requiring COVID-19 masks
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 08:58:30 pm »
Man oh Man. DeSantis is chewing gum and kicking the Teachers Unions and School boards asses.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Florida’s Board of Education approved an emergency rule Friday that will allow private school vouchers if parents feel their children are being harassed by a school district’s COVID-19 safety policies, including mask requirements.

The parents could request the vouchers under provisions that are usually used to protect children who are being bullied.

"‘COVID-19 harassment’ means any threatening, discriminatory, insulting, or dehumanizing verbal, written or physical conduct an individual student suffers in relation to, or as a result of, school district protocols for COVID-19, including masking requirements, the separation or isolation of students, or COVID-19 testing requirements, that have the effect of substantially interfering with a student’s educational performance," the rule reads.

The meeting was scheduled a week after Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis ordered the department to come up with ways of having school districts that mandate mask-wearing provide other alternatives for parents, saying they had the legal right to make decisions about their children’s health and education.
https://www.fox13news.com/news/florida-education-board-considers-re-routing-state-funds-from-bullied-students-to-students-who-oppose-masks

Florida is fast becoming an exemplary state. DeSantis is not wasting any time and taking advantage of a FL Republican House and Senate.  Though I haven't done the research it appears that the Republican leadership in both Houses rock!                         
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

Re: Florida OKs school vouchers in districts requiring COVID-19 masks
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 09:20:07 pm »
Very nice!