Author Topic: Infrastructure Bill Comes to Grinding Halt After Amendment Fight  (Read 194 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sean Moran 6 Aug 2021

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer’s (D-NY) effort to have the Senate vote on the $1.2 trillion infrastructure fell apart Thursday night after many lawmakers objected.

Schumer wanted to expedite the Senate floor proceedings that could have led to a quick passage of the bill on Saturday; however, Sen. Bill Hagerty (R-TN) said that he could not consent to the bill’s advancement because of the Congressional Budget Office’s (CBO) dismal score of the mammoth, 2,702-page legislation.

“We very much want to finish this important bill, so we will reconvene Saturday at noon to vote [to overcome a filibuster], and then we will follow regular order to finish the bill,” Schumer said Thursday.

A spokesman for Hagerty said the senator “cannot in good conscience agree to expedite a process immediately after the CBO confirmed that the bill would add over a quarter of a trillion dollars to the deficit.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/06/infrastructure-bill-halt-fight/#
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Infrastructure Bill Comes to Grinding Halt After Amendment Fight
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 02:49:02 pm »
It's not only adding to the deficit that's a problem, but the bill is over 2,000 pages long.  Which is absurd and indicates that it's not a clean straight forward infrastructure bill and is ladled with all kinds of other 'attachments'.  McConnell mentioned amendments.  So, the bill becomes even larger with bits and pieces of legislation added to it!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 03:37:58 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 03:41:29 pm »
I hope and pray that this bill remains stalled forever!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 03:54:08 pm »

Amen!~
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2021, 04:44:53 pm »
One does not scurry through a trillion dollar bill without reading it and debating it.

If that, and the lack of a budget passed since God-knows-when, does not epitomize what is wrong in DC, nothing does.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2021, 04:50:11 pm »
One does not scurry through a trillion dollar bill without reading it and debating it.

If that, and the lack of a budget passed since God-knows-when, does not epitomize what is wrong in DC, nothing does.

This entire bill is about funneling federal $$$ into blue metropolises and nothing more. It needs to die ASAP.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 04:55:07 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2021, 09:03:46 pm »

It won't.

The Rats manipulated !8 "middle of the road" Pubs into supporting this bill. It's just a show right now.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2021, 09:39:59 pm »
This entire bill is about funneling federal $$$ into blue metropolises and nothing more. It needs to die ASAP.

Too many RINO's on board for it to die.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.