Author Topic: Landlord Group Sues Biden's CDC Over Eviction Ban Extension  (Read 474 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Landlord Group Sues Biden's CDC Over Eviction Ban Extension
« on: August 05, 2021, 03:45:35 pm »
Landlord Group Sues Biden's CDC Over Eviction Ban Extension

By Eric Mack    |   Wednesday, 04 August 2021 10:38 PM

Landlord groups are suing the Biden administration for extending the pandemic eviction moratorium from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, claiming the new order can only be extended by new legislation, as ruled by the U.S. Supreme Court.

The Alabama and Georgia associations of Realtors filed an emergency motion Wednesday night with Judge Dabney Friedrich of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, asking her to enforce the Supreme Court's recent order stating that the CDC could not extend the moratorium without new legislation.

The Alabama Association of Realtors said the CDC issued the new order "for nakedly political reasons – to ease the political pressure, shift the blame to the courts for ending the moratorium, and use litigation delays to achieve a policy objective."

"About half of all housing providers are mom-and-pop operators, and without rental income, they cannot pay their own bills or maintain their properties," NAR President Charlie Oppler, a broker-owner from New Jersey, wrote in a statement. "NAR has always advocated the best solution for all parties was rental assistance paid directly to housing providers to cover the rent and utilities of any vulnerable tenants during the pandemic. No housing provider wants to evict a tenant and considers it only as a last resort."

more
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/landlord-lawsuit-eviction-ban-cdc/2021/08/04/id/1031187/?oRef=wnd
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Landlord Group Sues Biden's CDC Over Eviction Ban Extension
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 04:00:31 pm »
Good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 05:49:47 pm »
Landlord out $24,000 in rent due to eviction moratorium, says tenants buying boats
https://www.foxnews.com/media/eviction-ban-north-carolina-landlord-moratorium-rent-coronavirus
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 09:07:21 pm »
"The Alabama and Georgia associations of Realtors filed an emergency motion Wednesday night with Judge Dabney Friedrich of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, asking her to enforce the Supreme Court's recent order"

How many divisions does Judge Friedrich command...?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 09:10:03 pm »
Landlord out $24,000 in rent due to eviction moratorium, says tenants buying boats
https://www.foxnews.com/media/eviction-ban-north-carolina-landlord-moratorium-rent-coronavirus

Gee ... what the heck could possibly be wrong with this picture??  I'm sure it's happening more than we know.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 09:12:44 pm »
Why sue?  Just throw out the people who do not pay rent and let them sue you.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online berdie

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2021, 09:34:05 pm »

The business I worked in was rental. It's not that simple. Even retail properties are under this umbrella. Throwing residential tenants out is a nightmare.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2021, 09:35:42 pm »
This damn thing must be overturned.  A lawsuit is the means to that end.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2021, 09:41:58 pm »

The business I worked in was rental. It's not that simple. Even retail properties are under this umbrella. Throwing residential tenants out is a nightmare.
Are you saying a local JP will not get a constable to remove people who do not belong on the premises simply because of a federal edict?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online berdie

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2021, 09:55:10 pm »
Are you saying a local JP will not get a constable to remove people who do not belong on the premises simply because of a federal edict?

That's what I'm saying. Evicting a tenant is not a simple thing. Either retail or residential. The laws have all changed so that is a real chore.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2021, 10:29:21 pm »

I used to own several rental properties.  Bouncing a tenant from a house for any reason (including non-payment and damaging) is a bureacracy nightmare.  Now with this moratorium?  Damned glad I got out of that shit long ago.

Beleive it or not, I had one that was able to game the system so well, that she went 8 months rent free, and was able to skate via her own personal bankruptcy.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 10:31:03 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2021, 02:11:27 am »

Exactly why my friends dad sold his fairly extensive rental properties twenty years ago, that and the city of Long Beach, CA declared a four of them Historic and then proceeded to not so nickel and dime him into improvements that expensively maintained the new designation. And more recently there is a mentally unbalanced alcoholic in the apartment across from ours whos had/has been making life hell for the rest of us and it has taken four months for the property owner to get her out, and she has the money to pay rent.

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2021, 12:24:51 pm »
I used to own several rental properties.  Bouncing a tenant from a house for any reason (including non-payment and damaging) is a bureacracy nightmare.  Now with this moratorium?  Damned glad I got out of that shit long ago.

Beleive it or not, I had one that was able to game the system so well, that she went 8 months rent free, and was able to skate via her own personal bankruptcy.
Well, here in Texas I had to remove a non-paying tenant and all it took was a visit with the local JP who ordered a constable to evict him.

Cost me fifty books for the constable.

A federal EO was not part of the equation as it was state laws that dictate
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 12:26:34 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2021, 12:45:09 pm »
Well, here in Texas I had to remove a non-paying tenant and all it took was a visit with the local JP who ordered a constable to evict him.

Cost me fifty books for the constable.

A federal EO was not part of the equation as it was state laws that dictate

You were lucky.  I was an out-of-town land lord, and dealing with the law who had zero interest in pissing off the locals. It didn't hurt her cause that she had a local cousin lawyer who threw every legal roadblock known to man in the mix. Then add a well timed bankruptcy?  That was $5K lost in rent income, and the impetus for finding other alternatives for investments.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2021, 12:53:12 pm »

You can't just physically throw people out.  You have to go through the eviction process to get them off your property.  This suit is an attempt to bring back that eviction process.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2021, 01:39:59 pm »
Advice for living:
"Neither a landlord nor a tenant be..."

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2021, 01:48:09 pm »
You were lucky.  I was an out-of-town land lord, and dealing with the law who had zero interest in pissing off the locals. It didn't hurt her cause that she had a local cousin lawyer who threw every legal roadblock known to man in the mix. Then add a well timed bankruptcy?  That was $5K lost in rent income, and the impetus for finding other alternatives for investments.
I was also out of town at the time. Living in Connecticut.

The guy I evicted was the bus driver for Asleep-At-The-Wheel.

It was a quick and easy deal to do.

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2021, 01:49:42 pm »
You can't just physically throw people out.  You have to go through the eviction process to get them off your property.  This suit is an attempt to bring back that eviction process.
I did not physically remove him.

The constable did

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2021, 01:54:33 pm »
I did not physically remove him.

The constable did

lol....  Good lead in for a Ron White joke, I'd say.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2021, 01:55:06 pm »
I think Biden instinctively knows that extending the moratorium even after court says it was unconstitutional is setting a very bad precedent.

But he will do, as the rest of the Democrat party will do, whatever the tells them to do
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 01:56:29 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2021, 04:42:59 pm »
lol....  Good lead in for a Ron White joke, I'd say.
He's my favorite.