Author Topic: Mexico sues US gunmakers Glock and others over gun trafficking across border  (Read 278 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by  Liz George  August 04, 2021

The Mexican government sued multiple gun manufacturers in the United States on Wednesday, accusing the companies of having relaxed practices that contribute to the illegal transportation of guns across the border, according to court documents, the Washington Post reported. 

Included in the suit are Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc.; Barrett Firearms Manufacturing, Inc; Beretta U.S.A. Corp; Glock, Inc; and Colt’s Manufacturing Co. LLC.

The lawsuit was filed in federal court in Boston, near several of the firearm manufacturers’ headquarters. The Mexican government wants an estimated $10 billion in financial compensation from the targeted companies and does not take aim at the United States government. 

The Mexican government “brings this action to put an end to the massive damage that the Defendants cause by actively facilitating the unlawful trafficking of their guns to drug cartels and other criminals in Mexico,” the lawsuit stated.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/08/mexico-sues-us-gunmakers-glock-and-others-over-gun-trafficking-across-border/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sue Obama and Holder and the BATFE, too. They were the ones running 'fast and furious'. Otherwise, it's likely the guns were stolen.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Maybe Mexico should control it's side of the border, then they could catch and prosecute the gun traffickers instead of suing American gun manufacturers that have nothing to do with the illegal activities of no doubt6 illegal aliens in America. Of course Mexico has no interest in doing any such thing because they are either afraid of the cartels responsible or are being paid off by the cartels...or both.

I wonder how many much guns and ammunition China is smuggling into Mexico along with their cocaine, heroin and fentanyl?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Laughable.

Let's counter sue Mexico for the vehicles involved in highway deaths that are manufactured in Mexico.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

Laughable.

Let's counter sue Mexico for the vehicles involved in highway deaths that are manufactured in Mexico.
Hell, sue Mexico for every crime and murder committed by anyone they allowed to violate our border.