Author Topic: Moderna says booster likely needed before winter  (Read 232 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Moderna says booster likely needed before winter
« on: August 05, 2021, 02:01:07 pm »
Moderna says booster likely needed before winter
By Peter Sullivan - 08/05/21 08:38 AM EDT

Moderna said Thursday that its COVID-19 vaccine maintained 93 percent efficacy six months after the second dose but said that a booster shot will likely still be needed before the winter.

The 93 percent efficacy after six months announced by Moderna ahead of an earnings call on Thursday is a positive sign and compares to 84 percent efficacy after that time for the Pfizer vaccine.

Still, Moderna CEO Stephane Bancel said on CNBC on Thursday that the data was collected before the delta variant became prevalent in the United States, meaning the equation could change now that the delta variant is widespread.

"We are pleased that our COVID-19 vaccine is showing durable efficacy of 93% through six months but recognize that the Delta variant is a significant new threat, so we must remain vigilant," Bancel said in a statement.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/566466-moderna-says-booster-likely-needed-before-winter
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Moderna says booster likely needed before winter
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 02:20:35 pm »
I won't do it!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 02:22:30 pm »
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 02:23:25 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 03:47:46 pm »
Delta variant will lead to increase in breakthrough Covid infections among vaccinated, Moderna says
Published Thu, Aug 5 20217:43 AM EDTUpdated An Hour Ago
Berkeley Lovelace Jr.
@BerkeleyJr

The highly contagious delta variant will lead to an increase in breakthrough infections among the fully vaccinated as people begin moving indoors, Moderna said.
    While Moderna’s two-dose vaccine remains “durable” six months after the second shot, immunity against the virus will continue to wane and eventually impact vaccine efficacy, it said.
    “Given this intersection, we believe dose 3 booster will likely be necessary prior to the winter season,” Moderna wrote.

more
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/05/covid-delta-will-lead-to-increase-in-breakthrough-infections-moderna-says.html
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 04:03:21 pm »
I'll have to make sure I catch covid-19 before then.  That way, I get my natural immunity up.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 06:44:51 pm »
I won't do it!
Like I told the nurse after my second jab when I was told not to laminate my card because there might be a third jab, twice and done I'm not getting another for something that even with my health issues I had very high probability of surviving.