Author Topic: 2.9M workers still on jobless benefits as weekly claims remain high  (Read 228 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 2.9M workers still on jobless benefits as weekly claims remain high

By Will Feuer

August 5, 2021 | 8:42am | Updated

More than 2.9 million Americans are still on traditional state unemployment benefits as the number of people seeking weekly new claims appear to have settled at a level higher than previously hoped, the feds said Thursday.

Continuing claims fell by 366,000 from just over 3.26 million the week before, according to data released Thursday by the Labor Department. That figure stood at almost 16 million at the same time last year, in the thick of the pandemic.

Continuing claims have fallen significantly since peaks seen in 2020, but the figure remains about twice as high as pre-pandemic levels.

Initial filings for unemployment benefits, seen as a proxy for layoffs, reached 385,000 last week, down 14,000 from the prior week’s revised level of 399,000, the feds added.

Weekly new jobless claims exactly matched expectations from economists surveyed by Dow Jones.

more
https://nypost.com/2021/08/05/2-9m-still-on-jobless-benefits-as-weekly-claims-remain-high/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MajorClay

Re: 2.9M workers still on jobless benefits as weekly claims remain high
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 05:46:29 pm »
Wake me when continuing claims is below 1Million.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 06:47:36 pm »
Shocking that so many have latched on to the government teat offered by the democrats and now become too lazy to go back to work.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 05:44:48 pm »
Shocking that so many have latched on to the government teat offered by the democrats and now become too lazy to go back to work.
I have a worthless 28 year old nephew that was offered a job and told the guy that he did not have to work as he was makin $18/hr to sit at home playing video games.

My sister did not like what I told her son.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 05:59:20 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington