Author Topic: Senate approves medals for cops defending the Capitol during Jan 6 storming  (Read 372 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by Liz George   August 04, 2021

On Tuesday, the Senate unanimously approved a bill that will award Congressional gold medals to Washington, D.C., Metro and Capitol law enforcement officers who were working when demonstrators stormed the Capitol on January 6.

The House previously passed the bill in June despite pushback from over 20 Republican lawmakers who argued language in the bill labeling the demonstration as an “insurrection” was disingenuous. The bill now heads to President Joe Biden’s desk.

“Every day, the United States Capitol Police (“Capitol Police”) protects the U.S. Capitol, Members of Congress, congressional staff and institutional staff, journalists, and the visiting public,” the bill states. “On January 6, 2021, a mob of insurrectionists forced its way into the U.S. Capitol building and congressional office buildings and engaged in acts of vandalism, looting, and violently attacked Capitol Police officers.”

The bill also highlights “the sacrifice of heroes” including Capitol Police Officers Brian Sicknick, who died of natural causes following the storming, according to NBC News.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/08/senate-approves-medals-for-cops-defending-the-capitol-during-jan-6-storming/

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Hope they are blood red in honor of the cold blooded murder of a peaceful protester.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rustynail

What do they say, Goons for Government?  Protect and serve Pelosi?  Let'm in carry'm out?  Death for Democracy?

Offline Hoodat

Are they giving a medal to the person who murdered Ashli Babbitt?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How about the ones who opened the doors?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

American Military News by Liz George   August 04, 2021

On Tuesday, the Senate unanimously approved a bill that will award Congressional gold medals to Washington, D.C., Metro and Capitol law enforcement officers who were working when demonstrators stormed the Capitol on January 6.

The House previously passed the bill in June despite pushback from over 20 Republican lawmakers who argued language in the bill labeling the demonstration as an “insurrection” was disingenuous. The bill now heads to President Joe Biden’s desk.

“Every day, the United States Capitol Police (“Capitol Police”) protects the U.S. Capitol, Members of Congress, congressional staff and institutional staff, journalists, and the visiting public,” the bill states. “On January 6, 2021, a mob of insurrectionists forced its way into the U.S. Capitol building and congressional office buildings and engaged in acts of vandalism, looting, and violently attacked Capitol Police officers.”

The bill also highlights “the sacrifice of heroes” including Capitol Police Officers Brian Sicknick, who died of natural causes following the storming, according to NBC News.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/08/senate-approves-medals-for-cops-defending-the-capitol-during-jan-6-storming/

MORE BALONEY by the lefts.   Did you know, there are now FOUR...FOUR police who were there, committed suicide?  I SAY....ARCHANZIDED.  They allowed IN ANTIFA/BLM...with regular patriots and caused some of the violence.

--
What is going on? FOURTH? Fourth DC Metro Cop Who Responded To Jan 6 Dies From Suicide

CRIME.  PUBLISHED: 7:11 PM 3 AUG 2021
Fourth DC Metro Cop Who Responded To Jan 6 Dies From Suicide
Wait… what?
 by April Matthews
https://conservativedailypost.com/fourt ... m-suicide/

The Capitol Police allegedly incited some of the violent events on January 6. 8-2-21
More: https://americanfaith.com/new-videos-em ... january-6/

Offline LegalAmerican

Are they giving a medal to the person who murdered Ashli Babbitt?

Good point.  Michael Lloyd Byrd.  Big, burley, supporter of BLM....shot an UNARMED,  110 pound woman in the neck.  She was no threat. VETERAN.  It was murder.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just one more award I will consider a badge of worthlessness.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I would be skeptical of receiving an award since so many of these guys have 'committed suicide'.

The medals may be laced with arsenic to finish the job on the remainder of witnesses to what happened.

They might be manufactured by a company owned by Hillary.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Kamaji

Here's a photo of the medal:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Here's a photo of the medal:

The Simone Biles medal
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They deserve it in the end
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.