Author Topic: Psaki blames Republicans for holding up ATF nominee  (Read 131 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Psaki blames Republicans for holding up ATF nominee
« on: August 04, 2021, 08:44:10 pm »
Politico By MAEVE SHEEHEY 8/4/2021

But Biden administration's pick has yet to secure the support of the Senate Democratic caucus.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Wednesday accused Senate Republicans of "moving in lockstep" to block the Biden administration's pick to lead the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms.

But that nominee, David Chipman, has yet to secure the support of all 50 members of the Senate Democratic caucus, which would allow him to be confirmed without any Republican support.

Asked at Wednesday's press briefing about the delay in Chipman's confirmation, Psaki noted that the ATF has not had a confirmed director in six years and that "we knew this wouldn’t be easy."

More: https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/04/psaki-republicans-atf-nominee-502414

Offline rustynail

Re: Psaki blames Republicans for holding up ATF nominee
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 09:00:06 pm »
' accused Senate Republicans of "moving in lockstep" to block the Biden administration's pick to lead the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms.'.....I would hope so.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 10:17:38 pm »
"Blame" that I wear like a Badge of Honor.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 11:11:53 pm »
Even though it's DCP BS the republicants finally do something right. Chipman is an anti gun POS.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 11:23:03 pm »
She says "blame".  I say "thank".

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn